Looking for Engine Development Partner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you hurt your original and bought this as a replacement?

Alrighty then. Looks like we have a great assortment of parts to work with then between Lunatic and ZX1441r. This winter will be a very busy VMX17 winter.

Mike

My engine is fine ... I don't think you'll need the whole bike to kick this off. Stock heads and cams for development ? Will see where this goes !!

My engine is fine ... I don't think you'll need the whole bike to kick this off. Stock heads and cams for development ? Will see where this goes !!
Right. But Lunatic (Jeff) just shipped me a huge assortment of boxes with heads, cams, intake and such. So, I have that covered for the moment. I will need a look at the block with the heads off to measure where the piston is in relation to the deck (Squish) and then I want to see the crank to model it in CAD and "Test" it under FEA to see how strong it's design is. So, I could still use parts from your engine (ZX1441r) for sure. And, I ass-u-me you want to get your engine built, too.

Mike

That's exactly what I was thinking, you won't need the heads of this engine for awhile right ? I have someone in mind that I want to get a good set of stock heads to to see what he can do with them.

Well, that's what I do..."see what I can do with them". So, I am confused. Are you adding two head chefs in the same kitchen?

Not a fan of welded stock cams i wou20210927_193311.jpg20210927_193203.jpgld spend $ 2500 for a set of billet cams before going that route again.

And then had my asymmetrical lobes on backwards and had to reweld the lobes 1/4" thick to repair it and then didnt even last maybe 200mile and had hard face chunks floating through20210927_193716.jpg the motor.

Well, that's what I do..."see what I can do with them". So, I am confused. Are you adding two head chefs in the same kitchen?
Not at all, just someone I've dealt with in the past. He did some work on another bike I have. Picked up 19 HP with just porting.... and I don't mean it like it sounds by "JUST PORTING" , stock valves and cams.

I thought the same thing and was just looking at that last week. I could get a measurement. I bet less than .050" wall

Hi All:

I’m new to the forum. I am a race engine development engineer with over 40 years of motorcycle experience. I own a business in which we offer engineered solutions for the motorsports industry. And, I’m a HUGE VMAX fan.

I want to develop parts for the 2nd Gen engine like pistons, valvetrain, cams, etc. So, I am looking for someone who wants to reel the performance benefits of my work for just the cost of the parts and outside processes (at my cost). Are there any interested parties? I am estimating I can get ~300hp, Normally Aspirated, at the wheel on pump gas. That’s only 176.5hp/liter. I usually achieve over 200 for most projects and close to 300hp/liter for special projects.

Who’s game?

Mike Norman
G-Force Engineering Development
www.mngforce.com
300 hp is huge number to get from our bikes, are you sure that’s possible to get from naturally aspired motor, because even the Hayabusa with all the parts for it on the market and all the investments and years from huge companies still didn’t achieve this number from natrally aspired motor.

Got to remember we got a big displacement to start with. Over seas they have big bores available also.

300 hp is huge number to get from our bikes, are you sure that’s possible to get from naturally aspired motor, because even the Hayabusa with all the parts for it on the market and all the investments and years from huge companies still didn’t achieve this number from natrally aspired motor.
On most of the engine I build, I get between 35-50% gains. So, yeah it’s a lofty goal but I think it can be done based on 200hp/liter.

Mike Norman

I think 250 rwhp is likely the max number you might be able to get with significant head/cam and piston work (along with full header and tune). I don't think you're going to see much more then that. BUT, that's still a LOT of gain over the stock 167-172 rwhp or even a heavily tuned 200 rwhp bike.

Latest posts

Back