Looking for Engine Development Partner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they get 250 hp out of it, that will give it a HP to Weight of 2.776 to 1. That means that each HP of the bike has to move 2.776 pounds. (Assuming in kind parts weights to come out to the factory weight.)

Some other notable HP to Weight figures:

Bugatti Veyron - 4.44 to 1
McLaren MP4 12C - 5.27 to 1
Chevrolet Corvette - 6.87 to 1

It would be simply staggering.

Your are comparing applies to turnips.

Here are some apples.
Kawasaki H2 310 hp 476 lb 1.53
Aprilia RSV4 201 hp 458 lb 2.27
BMW S100RR 196 bhp 450 lb 2.30

Here are some apples.
Yes the vmax is quite slow in comparison. Even at 300 hp still slow.

Funny is 99.9% vmax riders think they are eye watering arm ripping out of their sockets fast.

Here are some apples.
The point was to show a high end Vmax against high end well know supercars costing hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars. Sorry I offended you.

By the way, the Kawasaki H2 @ 310 hp is not street legal so doesn't count at all. The street legal version of it only produces 198 HP and weights 529 pounds for a 2.67 rating, about the same the Vmax would be.

A H2 stock will waste a vmax. Their 60 -130mph are 4.00 seconds vmax is about 7.1 seconds mine is 4.45 and a modded h2 is 2.9 seconds. So stock or modified dont matter.

Like this? 2020 H2 Carbon with a few tricks...my VMAX wouldn't even come close to touching it.

2020 Ninja H2 Carbon Right Rear 1.jpg

Not offended just was wondering why compare to car.

I'll bet the engine + cooling system + transmission + fuel tank in a veyron weighs more than a gen 1.

I suppose one could compare vmax power to weight with saturn v.

For me the VMAX1700 is not so I can be the fastest bike on the road. It's so I can be faster then most and not have to repair my bike every few years. The time and money it's gonna take to keep that Ninja going is going to add up. I will still be passing bikes around 180mph in 20 years with very basic maintenance and I don't have to crouch over to ride it.. See you on the side of the road.:)

?? Why are you comparing what is suppose to be a "MUSCLE CRUISER" to Hyper Race bikes, that really is comparing apples to oranges in my opinion. If you can get 200 or 300 HP out of this bike that's just adding to the Vmax killer rep, I also wouldn't put to much faith in numbers on paper, like any high HP bike it's not how much power it makes but how much "YOU" can put to the ground !! Spend a lot of time at the track and witness a lot of those bikes getting there ass handed to them by older slower bikes with more experienced riders. Just have fun with what you ride and improving your own personal bests.....

?? Why are you comparing what is suppose to be a "MUSCLE CRUISER" to Hyper Race bikes, that really is comparing apples to oranges in my opinion.
As John Lydgate said “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.”

I accept your criticism, but I thought comparing a motorcycle to another motorcycle made more sense than comparison to a car (turnip).

Over to you with your comparisons... although this discussions is in danger of being derailed....

Owning a few 'muscle bikes', a 2009 VMAX included, and a whole lot of 'Hyper Race Bikes', if I'm riding 25 miles somewhere and stopping or want to have all the kids in cars next to me snapping pictures it's the 'race replica' or 'Hyper Bike'...if I want to leisurely cruise as long as I want, or as long as I have enough gas, with passing power to spare it's a 'muscle bike'.

When liter bikes are putting out 200+ horsepower and weight 450-470 pounds, nothing is going to touch them as far as outright acceleration and speed. I just wouldn't want to be stuck on one of them for a 150+ mile day.

I accept your criticism, but I thought comparing a motorcycle to another motorcycle made more sense than comparison to a car (turnip).
It doesn't when you're comparing them to hyperbikes that aren't even street legal for the most part. What you're doing is the same thing I'm doing - comparing it to something you will never own and drive on the street.

My point was that it cost up to $2,000,000.00 for a Veyron but you could get a better rate with a Gen 2 Vmax and a custom engine build that's street legal for a small fraction of that. That's pretty incredible.

It doesn't when you're comparing them to hyperbikes that aren't even street legal for the most part. What you're doing is the same thing I'm doing - comparing it to something you will never own and drive on the street.

My point was that it cost up to $2,000,000.00 for a Veyron but you could get a better rate with a Gen 2 Vmax and a custom engine build that's street legal for a small fraction of that. That's pretty incredible.

Well said

Back