Looking for Engine Development Partner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mngforce

Reaction score
Hi All:

I’m new to the forum. I am a race engine development engineer with over 40 years of motorcycle experience. I own a business in which we offer engineered solutions for the motorsports industry. And, I’m a HUGE VMAX fan.

I want to develop parts for the 2nd Gen engine like pistons, valvetrain, cams, etc. So, I am looking for someone who wants to reel the performance benefits of my work for just the cost of the parts and outside processes (at my cost). Are there any interested parties? I am estimating I can get ~300hp, Normally Aspirated, at the wheel on pump gas. That’s only 176.5hp/liter. I usually achieve over 200 for most projects and close to 300hp/liter for special projects.

Who’s game?

Mike Norman
G-Force Engineering Development
www.mngforce.com

Sounds like you’re looking for a guinea pig to put his bike and motor up. There was a guy selling GEN 2 Vmax motors last year I’m sure someone can link you to his for sale ad and then you can impress us all with your horsepower gains on your test motor.

yes, sort of. Think of me as a very experienced surgeon. Looking to operate on a different patient. I’ve built more than 2,000 engines in my career, winning race after race, and more championships than I can count. So, the risks are very low.

But, that said, I am thinking of buying a wrecked V-Max to do just that

Mike Norman
G-Force Engine Development
www.mngforce.com

Sounds like you’re looking for a guinea pig to put his bike and motor up. There was a guy selling GEN 2 Vmax motors last year I’m sure someone can link you to his for sale ad and then you can impress us all with your horsepower gains on your test motor.
This is a really good idea.
Harley sells crate motors that are upgrades for the bike. Now there would be one for the Gen2

This is a really good idea.
Harley sells crate motors that are upgrades for the bike. Now there would be one for the Gen2

The guy wants WAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too much money for them. I would have to add $9k to the price of the build. Nobody would buy them from me.

The guy wants WAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too much money for them. I would have to add $9k to the price of the build. Nobody would buy them from me.
That's sort of a point that @one2dmax was making in that thread on Gen 2 engines to begin with: there is really no market for them. Yet, at least.

So to sell a Gen 2 motor, even if it performs very, very well, that cost more than a factory motor that there is no market for to begin with is going to be a really tough endeavor.

If you were doing it just to see if it could be done that would be one thing. If it's something you're thinking you'll turn into a profit windfall, I don't see that ever happening. Not for the foreseeable future at any rate.

As a performance shop for the last 35 years, I know what you are saying. However, that said, I am a small shop so 3 customers out of the entire world of 2nd Gen V-MAX's I would have made my money back. I have done quite well for myself working on bikes with small markets. The 2nd Gen V-Max would fit nicely in there.

Mike Norman
G-Force Engine Development
www.mngforce.com

Best of luck!

When you get one done, DO post a video here so we can all collectively drool over it.

What is your location? I'd love to get involved in something like that, if you were close.

How about a billet cylinder head for gen 1. That has not been done.

How about a billet cylinder head for gen 1. That has not been done.
What's the point? You'd spend tons of money on the CNC machine and programing to do it and at the end of the day it's not going to make one single bit of difference.

I've seen some before, here you go it's been done.
Screenshot_20210726-075112.jpg

Back