Looking for Engine Development Partner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, and if I remember correctly, they are used parts

I hope someone can offer this guy a gen 2. Id like to live vicariously through that vmax owner 😅

I likely have enough components laying around here to (mostly) get a dyno mule assembled (frame/harness, and an engine that needs repair). Should have the swingarm, diff, and rear wheel too.

I am also interested as well. Would your plan be to make the power in stages? From Mild to Extreme Stage 1, 2, 3.1 being daily performance machine and 3 being an absolute drag unit? That might bring a few more people into this who aren't fully committed to mind numbing power or a ton of cash.

Any progress on this ?? I'm in Fresno CA. and own a 2020 Vmax, interested how far this goes....
Nobody stepping up yet. You interested? Come see me. I’m in Sacramento

Mike

Nobody stepping up yet. You interested? Come see me. I’m in Sacramento

Mike
I'm planning on being in Sac on Wed at the Racetrack, again planning. We do have a business that sometimes changes my availability, so like i said planning to be at Sac Dragstrip this Wed night. What exactly are you looking for ? What does stepping up mean ??

I’m looking to develop the 2nd Gen engine to make 230-250hp normally aspirated. I have a formula I apply to all engines I build, and it works well. What I would love is a magazine article on it afterwards.

Mike Norman
Parts and work would include:
Pistons
Rods
Cams
Valves
Porting
Crank work
REM surface finishing
Cryo treatment

I am also interested as well. Would your plan be to make the power in stages? From Mild to Extreme Stage 1, 2, 3.1 being daily performance machine and 3 being an absolute drag unit? That might bring a few more people into this who aren't fully committed to mind numbing power or a ton of cash.

once I get inside one I can determine if there is any benefit to a “stage 1” build where I blueprint the bottom end and port and mill the heads. All stock components.
Stage 2 would be pistons, rods and the stage 1 work. Stage 3 is Stage 2 plus cams, valves and crank work. Mind-numbing. 🤪

Mike Norman

Does stepping up mean donating my bike or locating and buying needed parts to be worked on. I have a base dyno sheet stock which I think runs right in line with what I've read on various sites and videos. I do have a full Hindle system to install and am planning to do the Airbox mod and ECU reflash. Was researching to find out what else might be available, cams-head work etc etc....

Engineering process step by step:
1.Installing lighter pistons and increasing compression.
2.Running engine at 10k RPM to see if it blows up.
3. Ops!!!!!!! Boom!
4. repeat with next engine... 👍

Step 1 yes
Step 2 maybe
Step 3 NO

Pistons are scary light now. My revlimiter has been at 10500 for 2 yrs now. No boom yet.View attachment 79711
Those pistons actually look quite heavy compared to the pistons I make. Even the newer Yamaha sportbike stuff is lighter than those (thinner walls where possible, etc.).

Usually, the valve springs are the limiting factor on an engine these days. All it takes is floating the valves once and...BOOM!

Mike Norman
G-Force Engine Development
www.mngforce.com

Attachments

• IMG_4842.JPG
    IMG_4842.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4855.JPG
    IMG_4855.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 26
Those pistons actually look quite heavy compared to the pistons I make. Even the newer Yamaha sportbike stuff is lighter than those (thinner walls where possible, etc.).

Usually, the valve springs are the limiting factor on an engine these days. All it takes is floating the valves once and...BOOM!

Mike Norman
www.mngforce.com

Mike Norman
www.mngforce.com
Weight is with rings and with and with out pin. Looks super light to me.

Attachments

• 20210916_194545.jpg
    20210916_194545.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210916_194938.jpg
    20210916_194938.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210916_194925.jpg
    20210916_194925.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210916_194535.jpg
    20210916_194535.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 16
Do you have any valve springs for the gen2? Web cams has some but no specs. I'm looking for cams (exhaust) also.
These parts will be included in the parts I will develop with whomever wants to partner with me

Weight is with rings and with and with out pin. Looks super light to me.
Do you have a spare set of pistons and rods I can borrow? I can return them in short order, and good condition. Just need to get measurements for new designs.

Mike Norman

Latest posts

Back