Looking for Engine Development Partner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i got a new set of carrillo rods also so they probably have all the designs that you need also.
Text or call 308 293 4285
Thanks jeff

I've seen nothing out there, which is why I plan to develop a cam. I am just waiting to get a full cylinder head with cams to get on the flow bench and cam test stand (like a Cam Dr.).

Web has cams for the gen 2. Not a fan of welded lobes though. I got 2 cams now with severe pitting where the weld is coming apart.☹

We've used the Megacycle cams with welded lobes for years with no issues. The drop in cams added a sum total of 3 hp I think. You need modified pistons and other work to get an real gains with any cam changes.

Sean, 3hp for how much $$$$? Sounds like a little nitrous would be a lot more cost effective.

We've used the Megacycle cams with welded lobes for years with no issues. The drop in cams added a sum total of 3 hp I think. You need modified pistons and other work to get an real gains with any cam changes.
Sean. The problem with Megacycle that I have seen is they use a small selection of cam masters. So, hard to get the gains for engines of various configurations. Usually, cams get you that last bit of power in a race application. A street bike with no bump in compression could even lose power if the cam's duration is long enough.

I will work on something that hopefully works for both

Mike Norman

A few configurations were tried with specs given to them. Just not much to gain with stock pistons and heads. It's going to need a combination of parts in order to get what you want.

With lower compression you need a faster cam (shorter duration) with higher lift. One that stays at the cam demand during the piston max velocity as long as possible, but closes soon enough to build dynamic compression (compression from IVC close to TDC).

So, yeah, to get power gains, you gotta get the pulse waves right.

I will be measuring the stock cams on my precision cam stand

Is that the stock lift ? Just saw a engine on Ebay for 5K, is that a reasonable price. 2020 with less then 2K miles ?

Is that the stock lift ? Just saw a engine on Ebay for 5K, is that a reasonable price. 2020 with less then 2K miles ?
That sounds reasonable. I don't have $5k for an engine for my project. I would rather donate $5k in labor on donated stuff :cool:

Latest posts

Back