Looking for ideas on tail lamp conversions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eman3849

Reaction score
I am looking for some feedback from those of you that have changed out that bulky V-Max tail lamp for one of the nice LED lamps that I am seeing out there. I am looking to change mine out, but do not want to do any major modifications to accomplish this. Any ideas???:ummm:

Absolutely love my Cbr600 mod. Search for it in the mods section.its a sticky.

Sent from my Tapatalking Hercules Android

I used a $20 ebay LED tail light. It's quite bright and has proven to be very durable.

Sean also makes a cateye style one with the blinkers built into it, if you want to ditch the rear "lollipops" at the same time as well.

There's also a seller "scoobyvan" on ebay that makes a rather nice LED unit.

Attachments

• 0129111441a.jpg
    0129111441a.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 195
I have on order the CBR smoke integrated tail light also found on ebay the reflector brake light conversion kit total about 90 bucks I can't wait. :D

I have on order the CBR smoke integrated tail light also found on ebay the reflector brake light conversion kit total about 90 bucks I can't wait. :D
I do not know what you paid for the reflector brake light 'kit' but you can buy a LED light for less than 10.00 and wire it in, very easy to do.
P5120272.jpg

That is the light and it is wired only to brake lights
P5120271.jpg

And at night is very bright.
P5120006.jpg

It works very well and for 10.00 and 15 mins of my time to install it.

I ordered some leds from custom dynamics and mounted them in place of the reflector. Super bright. Now that I have my Tyga parts in, I'm going to remove my chopped down rear fender and add the CBR tail light to the new carbon fiber fender.

Attachments

• Carbon fiber 002.jpg
    Carbon fiber 002.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 95
I ordered some leds from custom dynamics and mounted them in place of the reflector. Super bright. Now that I have my Tyga parts in, I'm going to remove my chopped down rear fender and add the CBR tail light to the new carbon fiber fender.
I like what you did there and I sure that with all those LED's there it is very bright and most likely brighter than mine, I wanted the cager's to see me but not blind them. I have seen some LED set up's that where so effing bright that they blinded you which is just as bad as not having any at all. So mine are some where in the middle of Blind you and can be seen. But the set up you have there looks very clean.

I do not know what you paid for the reflector brake light 'kit' but you can buy a LED light for less than 10.00 and wire it in, very easy to do.
P5120272.jpg

That is the light and it is wired only to brake lights
P5120271.jpg

And at night is very bright.
P5120006.jpg

It works very well and for 10.00 and 15 mins of my time to install it.

Ehhhh you got me beat. It was like 33 dollars. But it a clear lenses which is a plus lol. NICE WORK! You should have a sticky on that set up!!!!

We have the same plate setup as the Scooby guy! Just got one in a couple of weeks ago. You'll need to make brackets to fit but it's a nice unit. We also have another design that has signals built in too.

Sean

Am I the only guy that ever installed twin " Blue Dots" over my stock tail light bulbs? Now that LED bulbs in 1157s are plug n play, I might try it again. Used an old socket heated with a torch to melt the openings. A ring of clear silicone kept em water tight. Old school ya know! Really made a cool purple stop. Cops would probably be pricks about it. Now if I can just find some nice glass dots...

This is actually the last Mod I'm doing at the moment. Waiting for part to come back from chroming then I can set up and take pics. Custom housing though..so it was'nt cheap.

I've had the motorcyclemods unit on my bike for a couple of years too. Small and cleans up the rear end. Works great with no issues.
Regards,
R

I've had the motorcyclemods unit on my bike for a couple of years too. Small and cleans up the rear end. Works great with no issues.
Regards,
R

What kind of mods do you have to do for this particular unit to mount up?

What kind of mods do you have to do for this particular unit to mount up?
It comes with it's own license plate bracket but it requires that you cut off the factory license plate mount just below the two tailight mounting bolts.
But from that point it is a bolt on/ wire up affair. Nice looking unit and bright too.

http://vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=21612&page=3 Good info here. Go to post three #28 and #29 and you can see a cool cheap way of doing a scoobie set up. Kj has the same type of set up without the trim piece and it make's your tire look bigger. I like it both way's but favor a cleaner look with the trim piece

Back