looking for keyed power source

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
hey gang. im looking for a good keyed power source for my heated grips...
tried one spot by main fuse. a blue/white wire and it was causing some other issues so that was a bad idea.
any help would be great. thanks

ya was thinking something like that....just hard to find anything on these bike thats not in a harness to computer...dont wanna melt something...got lucky on forst attempt.

I use the wires leading to my headlight for my GPS unit.. I would think heated gloves would draw more current than my GPS. Be careful of the current draw and what fuse is on that circuit you decide to use.

One thought would be to throw in a relay so that the keyed source is a signal to activate the relay, which will then provide power from the battery.

Not sure how much power the grips draw, but that would be the safest path without taxing the harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thought would be to throw in a relay so that the keyed source is a signal to activate the relay, which will then provide power from the battery.

Not sure how much power the grips draw, but that would be the safest path without taxing the harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1....You can use a simple positap off of a switched source to the coil of a relay. Then power your accessories from a contact connected directly to the battery.

+1....You can use a simple positap off of a switched source to the coil of a relay. Then power your accessories from a contact connected directly to the battery.

Yup good idea guys, that prob do it......
Guess I better go on a diet if I'm adding all that wiring eh lol
:rofl_200:

hey gang. im looking for a good keyed power source for my heated grips...
tried one spot by main fuse. a blue/white wire and it was causing some other issues so that was a bad idea.
any help would be great. thanks

Rov,I ran my heated glove circuit from the always hot side of the starter solenoid, with an inline fuse at the solenoid end. Hope we all connect this riding season.
Steve

Rov,I ran my heated glove circuit from the always hot side of the starter solenoid, with an inline fuse at the solenoid end. Hope we all connect this riding season.
Steve

dont wanna have the switch live all the time. either incase i forget it on or someone switches it on dont wanna kill the batt.....

i dont have a bike out east.....all out west....for sale actually they are. but that never stopped me from buying a bike to go riding with the east coast hero's.....pizza run???

Have you looked at the Oxford heated grips w/smart controller? All plug and play wires direct to batt so u don't have to tap into wiring at all.. If you forget to turn them off the controller sences the bike is not running and shuts them off.. I think they have 5 heat settings and a few different grip choices... I put a set on my max and am very happy with them...

Have you looked at the Oxford heated grips w/smart controller? All plug and play wires direct to batt so u don't have to tap into wiring at all.. If you forget to turn them off the controller sences the bike is not running and shuts them off.. I think they have 5 heat settings and a few different grip choices... I put a set on my max and am very happy with them...

Crap wish I knew about those.....all the bikes over the years I've been adding heated grips too.... And this one I got them on the bars, wires routed,just need it wired. Wonder if I can just get the controller....gonna look it up. Thanks

Back