• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for new nuts for front rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Im looking for new fasteners/nuts whatever you want to call them that hold on the front rotors. Mine are rusty. I thought about powder coating them black but it would be too much of a pain. Does anyone know where i can get these? I looked in the parts diagrams on yamaha dealers websites and had no luck. Maybe i should give university motors a call. hrmmmmm

clintard said:
Im looking for new fasteners/nuts whatever you want to call them that hold on the front rotors. Mine are rusty. I thought about powder coating them black but it would be too much of a pain. Does anyone know where i can get these? I looked in the parts diagrams on yamaha dealers websites and had no luck. Maybe i should give university motors a call. hrmmmmm

use the dremmel tool wire brush to make them sparkle again then paint them several coats of clear nail polish or any clear paint or colored if you want. if you want them to look new wire brush the sh-- off the heads and put them back, wax on them will keep them looking good.
if you want to paint them mask the treads with aluminum foil .
________
Chevrolet Cheyenne

Last edited:
I have replaced mine.They are soft as butter and loctited.I always use a heat gun to warm the rim around them before removing them.I got mine from Gary ,80 cents apiece.I am replacing all the lod bolts with each order.They are mostly all a low grade stainless now from yamaha.

Latest posts

Back