Looking for SUV Wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
Seeing Twistedmax post about needing wheels reminded me that I need to get some used wheels for my GMC Terrain's winter tires. I'm getting fed up paying over $120/ year just to change tires from summer to winter to summer.
I'm looking for 4 ea. of 18"/ 5 x 120mm spacing/ 30mm to 40mm backspacing/ and I believe 7" to 9" of width. I've be watching Craigslist and Ebay but to no avail with used stock rims. If anyone has suggestions let's hear them.
I realize I'm going to have to purchase TPMS sensors and valve cores for whatever I get. Anybody have experience with Tire Rack?

I've had good luck with Tire Rack. Purchased 3 sets of tires from them in the last 4 years.

I bought from them after extensive price searching and found they were the least expensive way to go.....even though you obviously have to pay for shipping the tires.

They have local installers that typically charge around $20 per wheel to mount, balance and install on you vehicle. You can have the tires shipped directly to the installer.

They usually offer free road hazard insurance which I've used on 2 occasions to replace tires on my daughters car. For some reason her car is a magnet for road hazards. :biglaugh:

Bearing in mind that I'm a cheapa$$, When my daughter's Ford Escape needed new tires, I bought and installed 16" wheels AND tires for about $400 LESS than the 18" tires alone. And it now rides better than before. I've never been a fan of the big wheels and super-low profile tires newer vehicles are now coming with. Having basically no sidewall on the tires puts all the wear and tear on the suspension components, whereas a taller sidewall on the tire adds some cushion and relieves some of the load from suspension components.

Latest posts

Back