Looking for the coolest rad cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine from a fellow off ebay has a couple designs and if you talk with him he might do a one off design - I asked him for a dragon design he was making for another bike, and then asked him for a sissy bar insert for my back rest. Here is his link to his ebay store with only v-max fitment items - http://stores.ebay.com/MIKES-CUSTOM...x&submit=Search&_fsub=13823587&_sid=279453400 If you see something you like good deal. If not ask him if is willing to do a custom design.

If you look into my photo you will see the grill and air scoops insert and the sissy bar insert is transit to me with my sissy bar. I sent him my factory sissy bar for fitment of the dragon design and he has made other designs for the factory back rest / sissy bar.

there are plenty of aftermarket rad covers on ebay starting from less than 40 bucks...

I've always avoided rad covers since they're exactly that....a cover over your radiator. As in blocking airflow.

The stock cooling system is adequate, but only just. I wouldn't want to compromise it any further.

Good point, Ra! I was going to mention the same thing....you don't want to choke off the flow too much, these bikes tend to run hot in stock form as it is.

I kinda worried about airflow as well. And when I first put my cover on it seemed to run a little bit warmer but for some reason it came back to normal and hasn't been an issue since. No idea why :ummm:

Prez has the coolest looking rad cover's but dont know how to get a hold off him for the cost.

I have not had any cooling issues with my bike and the Cover has room for the air to get in and around it, it does not sit flush against it.

Attachments

• P4160246.jpg
    P4160246.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Prez has the coolest looking rad cover's but dont know how to get a hold off him for the cost.

Here is his thread (carb side covers were also included)
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=18408

attachment.php

I have not had any cooling issues with my bike

Me neither. My temps are just fine with my cover.
But, my friend Sam noticed his bike runs warmer with the cover he has. So it's a safe guess to say it's all in the design, whether your going to run warmer or not. I'm putting a manual fan switch on his this spring, to give him a little more piece of mind.

Mine

p1030129p.jpg

Sam's

p1030474m.jpg

How do i get a prez radiator cover. how much.

I think he only made one run of them & is not gonna do any more. But I am gonna sell mine. There really nice but I think I am gonna go a diffrent direstion with my bike. Im gonna go with Boxnstop fiberglass ones & paint them to match my bike.

Pick me! pick me! I woulda gone into that group if I'd seen it in time. :biglaugh:

Attachments

• Skull-Flame_Rad-Scoop_Cover.jpg
    Skull-Flame_Rad-Scoop_Cover.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 21
  • VMAX_Plate_Holder_5.jpg
    VMAX_Plate_Holder_5.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 21
  • VMAX_Plate_Holder_2.jpg
    VMAX_Plate_Holder_2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 21
  • ST_Left_Close_Small.jpg
    ST_Left_Close_Small.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Rad_Scoop_Skull_LFT.jpg
    Rad_Scoop_Skull_LFT.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Rad_Scoop_Skull_RT.jpg
    Rad_Scoop_Skull_RT.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 13
  • Rad_Scoops_Front_2.jpg
    Rad_Scoops_Front_2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 8
  • Rad_Skull_Dark.jpg
    Rad_Skull_Dark.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I have the Irate customs flame design if you look at the "Got it in the show" thread you can see my rad cover. They make a matching scoop grates as well which I'll be putting on soon. I'm not into skulls so I kept it plain. I personally didn't like Prez's covers AT ALL! But, that's just my opinion.

Back