Looking for tips and ideas on a front fender

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Specs95t

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am following up on my post about my VMax being run over by a 4900 lb ML35 SUV (yes with me on it...).

The good news is all is well with me and most of my VMax.

Got some insurance money and the mod monkey is securely perched on my back...

First thing I need is a front fender.

My VMax is a 2001 with OEM carbon fiber paint. The OEM price is absurd and I cannot figure out if I buy part number (whatever it is) on Boats.net, if it will come "ready to paint" or "painted". I tried calling, got frustrated after waiting 20 minutes and hung up.:bang head::bang head::bang head:

Having said the above:

does any know if the Yamaha fender for a 2001 VMAX will come with the carbon fiber paint from Boats.net? just not sure how to confirm this...

Does anyone have any ideas/tips about finding a front fender? (ebay has an expensive full set that has some small damage to the front fender (of course)...

does anyone have any experience with the Exracep carbon fiber body parts (do they come close to matching the oem bits?)

does anyone have an OEM carbon fiber front fender they wish to sell???:bang head:

Any advice is appreciated - would love to keep the OEM CF look....

I replaced my front fender on my '95" a couple years ago.I got mine from a Yamaha dealer on the web.It came pre painted the original color and ready to install and was $180.Carbon Fiber could be different but I was under the impression that its not real carbon fiber.I could be wrong though.

If you order the correct year OEM fender, it will be the correct color out of the box.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input!

I ended up talking to John at PCW Racing, who confirmed this.

The part is ordered (boats.net)...

If you order the correct year OEM fender, it will be the correct color out of the box.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

does anyone have any experience with the Exracep carbon fiber body parts (do they come close to matching the oem bits?)

I went through a very similar dilemma when I split my faux carbon fender on my 2002 when the front wheel chock I was using to change my sidestand stuck with the wheel and forced itself between the fender and tire.

I finally decided to go Exactrep, and since their site did state that their real carbon fiber does not match the stock look perfectly, I went ahead and bought the faux tank and rear fender as well. The Exactrep carbon body pieces are very nice, 9.9 on a 10 scale. The bonus for me is the rear fender is strong enough to hold my license plate, and since my tail light is behind the passenger seat, I got rid of the heavy fender sub-assembly. As you can see in my sig pic, it looks pretty ok.

I highly recommend them!

I went through a very similar dilemma when I split my faux carbon fender on my 2002 when the front wheel chock I was using to change my sidestand stuck with the wheel and forced itself between the fender and tire.

I finally decided to go Exactrep, and since their site did state that their real carbon fiber does not match the stock look perfectly, I went ahead and bought the faux tank and rear fender as well. The Exactrep carbon body pieces are very nice, 9.9 on a 10 scale. The bonus for me is the rear fender is strong enough to hold my license plate, and since my tail light is behind the passenger seat, I got rid of the heavy fender sub-assembly. As you can see in my sig pic, it looks pretty ok.

I highly recommend them!

Hey Borg,
I thought I was the only one to cringe at the sight of my fender being split by a roll on wheel chock. I hate that feeling! :bang head:

Latest posts

Back