looking to buy OEM 1990 Vmax, 4.1 kms

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMtec

Reaction score
hello and thank you
i live in Canada but found an OEM 1990 V-max in JAPAN with about 4.1 KM
Obviously the bike is in PERFECT condition, and selling for around 7000 US
(NOT including shipping and handling)....any comments? worth while?

hello and thank you
i live in Canada but found an OEM 1990 V-max in JAPAN with about 4.1 KM
Obviously the bike is in PERFECT condition, and selling for around 7000 US
(NOT including shipping and handling)....any comments? worth while?

I would buy a later model like post 1996 for less money with a few more miles on it. Sitting is worse than driving IMO. All the rubbers will have dried out and you will have more issues than you bargained for. With a post 1996 you get most of the new features including larger forks, 4 piston brakes, and spin on oil filter.

7000 U.S. is extremely high even though it's very low mileage... KM's whatever...:biglaugh:

Oh you may also want to make sure it's a full power (Vboost) version as they had the 85bhp version there.

Just my .02?

I agree with Chris. That VMax probably isn't a full power VMax, so it will be missing the VBoost assembly and it sounds like a lot for the year of the bike. There is a lot of VMaxs for sale here http://www.vmaxforum.net/vbclassified.php?do=category&categoryid=2 and are a lot closer than Japan. If you are looking for one strictly as an "investment", then you would be better off getting the first year it was produced (85).

And :welcome_sign: to the forum !

Will sell you my customized 97..........for $14,500:eusa_dance: Only 5k km on a big bore engine. More mods than you can shake a stick at, and more every day LOL.... Goes in for paint next week, just in time for Thunder in the Valley, but price goes up then. Aww hell, I can't part with, but if you look around you can find some good deals on used Max's. Check with GP Bikes in Ajax as they seem to get them in, but they don't last long.

Back