looking to do a slip in grab bar in place of backreat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
I would like to find or build a slip in grab bar so i can take of the backrest when i dont need it. I think the bike looks tough without the backrest. If i take out the four bolts that hold the back rack on and losen up one side of the backrest mount the backrest will slip out and than i could slip a grab bar in place so it has a finish look. also could mount the back rack without backrest. I might even make it out of wood? Can i buy a bar that slips in? is anyone making them?

I took mine off and it is not just the four bolts you have to loosen the whole bracket under the seat. The mount is at angle and get tighter as it comes up. And I do not know if there is a grab rail to mount on to it. All the ones I seen where replaced from the seat and up as one piece.

You can get a Virago grab bar that will fit in the sissy bar lower. Looks ok and will still keep your passenger from flying off the back. Mine was chrome and I just took a sanding sponge to it to make it match the lower section. I'm thinking about painting it the same color as my frame and braces.

Attachments

• IMAG0286.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0289.jpg
    IMAG0289.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 71
I have a chrome one if you are interested. PM me with your e-mail and I can send you pics. I'm asking $50

Thanks,

Jeff

Back