Looks like a big one!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say I am not a fan of his posts but I still hope he is no where near that storm. That thing is going to have quite the path of destruction.

That's some serious wind speed. When we get gust on the Cape of over 80mph, the whole house shakes. 200 mph might be a good time to leave, anywhere. Except the bridges wouldn't be passable. They lock them down at hurricane sustained wind speed. Careful Dave.

I hope everyone will be ok, I know it is stressful to have family/friends outside the country facing a storm. My step daughters and many other inlaws and friends are in the Philippines, there have been some real close calls in recent years where we were quite worried. I'm glad they have this heads up to prepare. I'll do the atheist version of praying for those in it's path.

Maybe somebody from his safe mexican paradise looking for him?:gun shoot:

I cant see RD offending anyone....:icon_rolleyes:

There are two words that just don't go together!!

In fact from Mexico to Cape Horn is pretty good territory to avoid....just check the homicide rate by gun stats, Mexico is a mere 3X the US but some of those countries are 10X ours, or more! :surprise:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Anyhow....back to the 'big blow' thread :biglaugh:....200 mph is a hefty blow for sure but the cat 5 tornado in Moore, OK in '99 recorded 318 mph!!

I was on a call one night in 83 mph wind....which snapped road signs off and it was difficult to breathe....but 4 times that?? Oiy!! :worthy:

Anyhow....back to the 'big blow' thread :biglaugh:....200 mph is a hefty blow for sure but the cat 5 tornado in Moore, OK in '99 recorded 318 mph!!

I was on a call one night in 83 mph wind....which snapped road signs off and it was difficult to breathe....but 4 times that?? Oiy!! :worthy:

I had to laugh when the movie "Into the storm" came out, and on the trailer it said....can you imagine 300 mph wind? Yep....318 at Moore/Norman. I was on the ambulance, and too a transfer to OKC the day after the tornado hit Moore/Norman. The ground had been scrubbed....with circular patterns cut into the ground, with NO GRASS.

One of the worst tornadoes was apr 10th 1979. Passed over our house...and yep sounds like a train....a BIG train. I grew up in Waurika. You can see the path right on top.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/?n=events-19790410

Attachments

• outbreak.jpg
    outbreak.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 10
Pretty sure Dave is in Rosarito Mexico. Not sure where that lies with the storm

Hey, thanks for all the warm and fuzzy feelings. The hurricane hit land about 1500 miles south on the main land. There is a famous surfing spot here called K32 that lots of U.S. surfers come to. The storm didn't even raise the surf. As I understand there was physical damage and flooding but no lives lost due to Mexican government action. Back to the movie I'm watching, Bruce Lee in Way of the Dragon.

Yeah, we get some bad storms here too. Sometimes a drift goes right across the driveway, more than four feet tall! Another time there was a tree that fell right across the road, had to use a chainsaw and chain to pull it off to the side! What mayhem!!
I was in S. Florida after Andrew went through and that was a bad enough storm in the aftermath to make me happy to put up with a little snow, cold and Canadians vs. sinkholes, hurricanes and tornado's.

Yeah, we get some bad storms hear too. Sometimes a drift goes right across the driveway, more than four feet tall! Another time there was a tree that fell right across the road, had to use a chainsaw and chain to pull it off to the side! What mayhem!!
I was in S. Florida after Andrew went through and that was a bad enough storm in the aftermath to make me happy to put up with a little snow, cold and Canadians vs. sinkholes, hurricanes and tornado's.

I can't imagine!! :rofl_200:

Maybe somebody from his safe mexican paradise looking for him?:gun shoot:

I cant see RD offending anyone....:icon_rolleyes:
It's dangerous, so dangerous, lol

12112035_1510388415951572_1689258320618482981_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back