Lost a friend a few weeks ago.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Anyone who rode a motorcycle from the Buffalo NY area over the last 50 years knew, or knew of Don George. He sold me my first Yamaha, an RD350 back in February of 1973. He passed away last month, 50 years to the day after I bought the RD from him. He was a good man, and a great friend. He supported local charities, and was the sponsor of the annual Fun Run for Cancer research. I was the guy who wrote the routes for the run over the years, we raised hundreds of thousands of dollars at these events.

His dealership is closed now, and I'm just realizing how much I miss the hours spent there, just hanging out, and the time spent with Don and his family.

Godspeed, my friend.

His dealership was Don George's Sports Center. It was located in Clarence NY

Anyone who rode a motorcycle from the Buffalo NY area over the last 50 years knew, or knew of Don George. He sold me my first Yamaha, an RD350 back in February of 1973. He passed away last month, 50 years to the day after I bought the RD from him. He was a good man, and a great friend. He supported local charities, and was the sponsor of the annual Fun Run for Cancer research. I was the guy who wrote the routes for the run over the years, we raised hundreds of thousands of dollars at these events.

His dealership is closed now, and I'm just realizing how much I miss the hours spent there, just hanging out, and the time spent with Don and his family.

Godspeed, my friend.
God Bless Don with Peace and Love and Comfort you and his other Friends and family.... Blessings from Alton, Ontario Canada.

Back