Lost a upper rear shock bolt and aluminum washer..help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stangs69-91

Reaction score
:bang head: Argh !! Lost a upper rear shock bolt and aluminum washer. Does anybody have these off a parts bike they can sell me? The upper spacer is the thick brushed aluminum one. Thanks hit me up on e-mail
[email protected]

If no one has emailed you I can get you one. BUT, cycle one off sells some nice replacement tops that have hook notches built in so you could make it a bit nicer while you are at it. At least I am pretty sure they still make them.

Sean

I bought a set of the spiked ones ,..very pleased .
So if you really need a spare I can ship you mine for the price of the shipping.
But COO's are cheap and sweet lookin.
Never a better time or reason for an upgrade..LOL

You can also go down to your local suzuki shop. They might carry a set of spools for a gixxer (8mm I think). I bought a set fairly and they're pretty good for tying down stuff on long trips.

I bought a set of the spiked ones ,..very pleased .
So if you really need a spare I can ship you mine for the price of the shipping.
But COO's are cheap and sweet lookin.
Never a better time or reason for an upgrade..LOL
I wouldn't mind getting the billet ones but I have some other ares I want to spend money on first. How much to ship one to Ca. 96001?

Must be a problem with them, it happened to me too. I've already replaced it, but it was pricey for what it is.....a weird shaped washer. As a temp fix until it came in, I used a regular washer and a rubber grommet.....the kind you use for the bottom of table legs. It worked very well, but was not pretty. I was glad when three months later the aluminum jobby came in. The cycle shop didn't charge me for it once they realized how long it took to come in. I was glad for that.

I saw some on e-slay that looked pretty good. They were the "washer" as well as a bungee grab on. I'm going to check out the COO ones you guys are talking about. What's the average price range?

I wouldn't mind getting the billet ones but I have some other ares I want to spend money on first. How much to ship one to Ca. 96001?

Sorry for the late reply,..the billet ones from COO were 20 us ,..came in delivered around 32 and change.

And look very sexy if i might add.

My '06 came loose once as well. I torqued them down and never had an issue. I ended buying a set of COO nylon ones because I want it all black! lol

Make sure you torque them to the correct setting. I put them on and then grabbed the TW and was amazed how much more they needed to meet the torque specs...

Chris

Back