Lots of Carbon Fiber

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damon, another forum member here, has a full set of these skins and scoops on his Max. They look great and from what I hear are priced nicely.

Damon, another forum member here, has a full set of these skins and scoops on his Max. They look great and from what I hear are priced nicely.
Does he have pix? I'd love to see what the whole bike looks like.

I like the silver-black combo of the 97 so I'm holding off on all CF. I think the scoops+sides will look pretty good and I'm having Sean black chrome my engine sliders (the stock ones) and going the Muscle seat route. That should update the look of the bike to this century a little. :)

The prices they have are really good. I wish they did ZX12Rs...CF for that bike is pricey.

DICK:HARD

Seriously, I was looking around Houston for a CF craftsman to fab up these pieces! I will be doing my whole 1500cc project up in these, thanks!

No faux tank / airbox cover piece? :ummm:
They have one. I opted not to since that would necessitate changing the fenders out too. I want to see what it looks like with this upgrade before taking that step.

BTW - nice ZX14. :) My ZX12R is just over 200wrhp on the Dyno. Looks like it's the same color as yours.

I'll let you know, I have real CF on my ZX. I'll know what to look for.

I've looked around the net and they appear to be the real mccoy...other bike forums vouch.

The BIG question is:
Are those real CF?

Or maybe those 3D printed or maybe some sticker foil or just an added CF layer on stock parts?

I have had the neck covers on for quite some time now and they are real CF through and through.

Up Baggs, why not troll the site to see if someone would like to split a complete body kit and two people save. I've held the front fender and it everything CF should be...light strong and trick looking. I am going to an MEK CF Extreme tail and already have the CF headlight cowl from Japan. Some have mentioned the CF overkill but that is like saying my bike is too fast.

I have had the neck covers on for quite some time now and they are real CF through and through.

Cool.

If that, the price is very very fair!

Im playing around myself with some custom fiberglass and CF body parts.

Lots of peoples use to just add the CF layer onto the stock parts which is just for good look.

The real essence of CF is a body parts made from one 800g/m2 CF layer, extremaly lightweight and extremaly durable.

Purchased a pair of the scoops late last year for my Y2K CF... I like 'em lots... No more polishing the damned aluminum to keep it looking good... I wanted to add the neck & side covers, then for whatever reason, the site went down, and the phone he was using stopped receiving calls. Hope he's back and doing business again...

They are indeed 'real' cf, no fake there...And they fit just fine...no alterations necessary.

UP

Attachments

• techday510-1.jpg
    techday510-1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 49
  • techday510-2.jpg
    techday510-2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 47
I have an 02 factory carbon fiber overlay how do his products match the yamaha carbon,if so im in for the neck covers and gage cover, wonder if he makes radiator side covers.

The weave is slightly different and the colour a darker. Should be OK if you're just doing the neck covers. I wouldn't mix fenders or air box cover though. That would definately be noticeable.

Dale #2592

Purchased a pair of the scoops late last year for my Y2K CF... I like 'em lots... No more polishing the damned aluminum to keep it looking good... I wanted to add the neck & side covers, then for whatever reason, the site went down, and the phone he was using stopped receiving calls. Hope he's back and doing business again...

They are indeed 'real' cf, no fake there...And they fit just fine...no alterations necessary.

UP
They're definitely back. I ordered yesterday and they shipped it within a couple of hours of the order.

You can check out my Max in the garage. It's full carbon from Tyga. They hold the cost down by only using carbon fiber for the top layer. The layers underneath are fiberglass. The back side is painted black to cover the white fiberglass. Not really a complaint because using full carbon would only increase cost. Overall I'm happy and like the look.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=437

Back