Low end torque

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
So my question has to do with what the bike is looking for to achieve more low end torque. From the stock bike you can add stage seven and that tends to give you more top end power, you can go to morleys setup and get more even power throughout. Now what is it that makes more low end torque? Are different needles better for low end, does it want a leaner or richer mixture on the low side? If anyone that has this type of knowledge would like to chime in that would be great. BTW I am running a kerker and morleys setup now. Just wondering if there is something that can be done to get more bottom end even if it would sacrifice top end. Thanks.

I have done that. Actually have a switch so I can turn it on or off without having to remove the scoop. I have also herd this gives more of a false sense of power??

Ah, cool. I don't think there's much you can do then. I know you could go to EFI and tune the torque curve lower. A heavier flywheel would do it but not sure if such a thing exists. I know early models have a heavier flywheel.

Heavier flywheel => more torque at steady RPM but this is lowering accelerations...
Good for towing, not for running...

There is no real way to make a significant change in the TQ curve without changing cams.

Changing the exhaust and/or intake (taller velocity stacks for instance) would help, but would probably not give you what you are looking for.

Smaller exhaust tubing will increase torque at the sacrifice of horsepower. Some changes to the intake side (like is done with the stage seven) will also affect it.

Other then that you'll have to get into the engine to shift the torque curve.

Back