Low profile backrest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the virago loop although no padding the wife says she doesn't lean back anyways but it makes her feel more secure knowing there's a butt stopper

Attachments

• 91131776_2926951564009953_4333507772713795584_o.jpg
    91131776_2926951564009953_4333507772713795584_o.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1
Time to do a burnout video, to' retire' that tire.
VMax Virago sissybar.jpgVMax supercharged.02.jpeg
Smoke it! Boxenstopp's in metro Daytona Beach, Bike Week. R.I.P Joe Raulf, the owner.

Last edited:
It fits the 3-piece factory accessory sissybar/passenger backrest. The three pieces are the two aluminum sides, and the tall hoop/backrest pad. A backrest pad and a small stamped steel bracket which is under the seat, holding the side pieces together at the front, are two other pieces. Kyle had these steel stamped brackets at one point for sale separately.

You replace the hoop/backrest pad with the Virago low hoop/grab bar. If you wanted a pad, you need to fabricate one, as there was never a factory piece of which I'm aware, for the Virago hoop.

Like this one. I'm sure it's aftermarket.
DSC01053.JPG

It fits the 3-piece factory accessory sissybar/passenger backrest. The three pieces are the two aluminum sides, and the tall hoop/backrest pad. A backrest pad and a small stamped steel bracket which is under the seat, holding the side pieces together at the front, are two other pieces. Kyle had these steel stamped brackets at one point for sale separately.

You replace the hoop/backrest pad with the Virago low hoop/grab bar. If you wanted a pad, you need to fabricate one, as there was never a factory piece of which I'm aware, for the Virago hoop.
You have the factory Vmax tall backrest and swapped out the short virago hoop. 👍🏻 Thanks.

I did the virago loop.
And added a pad.
Very easy to do.bought the pad off flea-bay 10.00

Woody, let's see the pad mounting, please. I suspect it's some sort of a U-clamp or two, around the top of the loop?

Woody, let's see the pad mounting, please. I suspect it's some sort of a U-clamp or two, around the top of the loop?
Yes you're right on.i think it's an electric Condit clamp. Only uses 1.short wood screw to hold in place. I'll get a picture.
Never had any issues. It stays put.

Wow, I forgot I did it this way.drilled 1 hole in the grab rail. And made a bracket.that screwed to the pad. And 1 bolt holds it in place.20220925_111414.jpg

Attachments

• 20220925_111414.jpg
    20220925_111414.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Sean Morley did a low-profile padded backrest for Mark Hayward, a couple of countersunk screws hold the pad to the hoop. Very sanitary. The hoop is welded to the side rails.

VMax Daytona Mark Hayward 2023.02.png

Back