Low voltage causing V-boost failure?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85bomb

Reaction score
Since I got my bike back from the shop where it spent a month or so being overhauled, the V-boost kick at 6k rpm is gone.

Everything is hooked proprely and seams to be working OK appart from one thing.

Checking the voltage at the battery, I get a good reading. I start the engine and the voltage barelly goes up. Most importantly, when I rev the engine, I get a drop in voltage. (???)

Battery is new. What do you guys think? Stator? Regulator?

But my main question is, can this low voltage cause the V-boost system not to work or operate properly?

Do you hear the "whirr whirr" sound when you turn the key on? If no, there's a problem with either the controller (behind the left scoop) or possibly the servo itself.

Low voltage could cause this, since even if you have 12v at the battery, the harness of this bike is a disaster, losing voltage all over the place. I had 14.4v at the battery, but only about 8 at the blinker relay. 6 volts vanished in between. If you have a similar loss it's possible there isn't enough voltage getting to the controller or servo.

Voltage dropping when picked off idle is pretty common on older stator powered machines. It can be due to the stator, the rectifier/regulator (R/R), the wiring, and most likely a combination of all three.

Here's a "plain English" thread I wrote on how to fix your low voltage.

Back