Lower Oil plug specs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
Hi guys

Does anyone know the lower oil plug specs? The one by the oil level check window by the right footpeg, used sometimes as oil pressure pick up port... I need to know thread specs an depth of thread. If someone can let me know i'd be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.

20 x 1.5
not sure on thread depth.
Kawasaki P/N 92001-1183 is a solid bolt machined for an o ring and fits right in.

The info above is stuff I gathered on the net to make my own gauge setup. Haven't got to that yet.

Hi guys

Does anyone know the lower oil plug specs? The one by the oil level check window by the right footpeg, used sometimes as oil pressure pick up port... I need to know thread specs an depth of thread. If someone can let me know i'd be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.

If your bike has a spin on oil filter you can use this to connect oil temp sender & oil pressure one to.
http://prosportgauges.com/oil-filter-adaptor-plate.aspx

20 x 1.5
not sure on thread depth.
Kawasaki P/N 92001-1183 is a solid bolt machined for an o ring and fits right in.

The info above is stuff I gathered on the net to make my own gauge setup. Haven't got to that yet.

That kawasaki bolt is solid without magnet? can i then cut a threaded hole for my application? How do you screw it? Is it hex head shaped? Do you have pics of that part? I cannot check it on the kawasaki microfiche (not enough detail).

Thanks Mike

EDIT1 - Why the hell i just don't go to my laptop first??? Sometimes i find stuff there that takes me a bit to find and i never remember to go check it there... LOL... Pics follow for everyone...

kawasakioilplugforoilpr.jpg

kawasakioilplugforoilpr.jpg

If your bike has a spin on oil filter you can use this to connect oil temp sender & oil pressure one to.
http://prosportgauges.com/oil-filter-adaptor-plate.aspx

Good catch Ibrahim

Only one question. Is the diameter of that plate suitable for the vmax spin-on filter? The thread is ok (M20x1.5). Lots of ports... Just need 2 and i question if for oil pressure that would be a good spot to pick it up. Going back to our chat are the temp sensors from trailtech able to fit on those NPT fittings? Most likely i'll have to make an adapter. What do you think about it? Thanks

Good catch Ibrahim

Only one question. Is the diameter of that plate suitable for the vmax spin-on filter? The thread is ok (M20x1.5). Lots of ports... Just need 2 and i question if for oil pressure that would be a good spot to pick it up. Going back to our chat are the temp sensors from trailtech able to fit on those NPT fittings? Most likely i'll have to make an adapter. What do you think about it? Thanks

trail tech has these nuts that are threaded to fit their sensors, I can call them tomorrow and get the exact part number needed to fit a M20x1.5 with their temperature sensor. they also have extension wires for long wire runs.

trail tech has these nuts that are threaded to fit their sensors, I can call them tomorrow and get the exact part number needed to fit a M20x1.5 with their temperature sensor. they also have extension wires for long wire runs.

The biggest they have is M18. With the Kawa plug its easy to do but it costs around 20 bucks plus labor so i think its better to buy the oil adapter plate with the NPT fittings, as long as the trailtech temp sensors are able to fit on those NPT fittings otherwise the labor will be the double (NPT male thread and trailtech female thread adapter).

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oil-cooler-sandwich-adapters.aspx

Glowshift sells oil cooler sandwich adaptors that have ports for an oil cooler and ports for oil pressure or temp. I believe it comes with plugs to block off the smaller ports also. So, you could buy one and not have to mount a cooler right now but if you wanted to in the future, you have that option if you get plugs for the cooler ports. Cost is pretty reasonable IMO. Not that I think the max needs an oil cooler if the motor is stock but if you have plans for a power adder it might not be a bad idea.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oil-cooler-sandwich-adapters.aspx

Glowshift sells oil cooler sandwich adaptors that have ports for an oil cooler and ports for oil pressure or temp. I believe it comes with plugs to block off the smaller ports also. So, you could buy one and not have to mount a cooler right now but if you wanted to in the future, you have that option if you get plugs for the cooler ports. Cost is pretty reasonable IMO. Not that I think the max needs an oil cooler if the motor is stock but if you have plans for a power adder it might not be a bad idea.

Good catch Mike
I haven't seen those with the oil cooler option. Always a good extra and still the 2 NPT ports for pressure and temp.

Back