"LOWER" on the master cylinders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The front brake & clutch masters have fluid level marks and the word "LOWER" on the front face, the rear brake has the same thing on the plastic reservoir....what the hell does that mean? :confused2:

-The fluid should be lower than it is?
-The fluid is lower than it was?
-The fluid is lower than it should be?

Why didn't they just stamp HI & LO? Everyone knows how to interpret that.

Dam you Danny......now I'm thinking again.....

What's service manual say. Maybe it's suppose to be lower or at the lower line......if too high it spils when you put on the cover anyways......

But not sure now lol

So there's no range....the line is the level....right?

Don't get why they would put LOWER tho.....why not ABERNACKE or FUDGE:ummm:

Anyhoo, gots to pull some fluid out tomorrow....thanks! :worthy:

So fluid level should be at "lower" mark?? I just put in so much fluid that I possibly could, I cant see any harm of that.. Fluid too low is dangerous!

Might that mark mean that you fill reservoir to that mark, and when you install rubber and cover it is full without spilling all over? Just my thought..

I suppose as all else has failed perhaps it's time to read the instructions?
embarassed.gif

Extract from the owners handbook.

picture.php

picture.php

I know reading instructions is a bit radical , but that's the sort of bloke I am! :rofl_200:

I know reading instructions is a bit radical , but that's the sort of bloke I am!
rofl_200.gif

Instructions? READING instructions??!!
You certainly are a rebellious radical, Steve. Also, very secure about your masculinity, to actually go public with such a confession.
I bet you're also the type that will actually stop and ask strangers for directions, when you get lost driving your car or bike.
Stay true to your convictions, regardless of the slings and arrows that come your way.
Cheers!

I know reading instructions is a bit radical , but that's the sort of bloke I am!
rofl_200.gif

Instructions? READING instructions??!!
You certainly are a rebellious radical, Steve. Also, very secure about your masculinity, to actually go public with such a confession.
I bet you're also the type that will actually stop and ask strangers for directions, when you get lost driving your car or bike.
Stay true to your convictions, regardless of the slings and arrows that come your way.
Cheers!

This is Good!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Honestly Steve....I never would have thought of reading the directions....just not printed in my circuity I guess....brilliant tho! :worthy:

Being a big fan of logic the 'LOWER' irritates me even more now....what was wrong with a nice, clear & understandable "MINIMUM"......:confused2:

DANG !! I knew I shouldn't have burned that last doobie in 85' ! I'm so confuddled right now! :)

what was wrong with a nice, clear & understandable "MINIMUM"......:confused2:

A)It would have taken up too much space on the casing and caused everyone to want to spin it while reading the whole word?

B)"MINIMUM" does not translate from Japanese well? (might end up reading "Small Penis", or equivalent.)

C)At one point in time, the masters had both "LOWER" and "UPPER" printed on them, but somewhere along the line a parts engineer forgot to include the "UPPER", and all subsequent parts engineers followed blindly.

D)some obscure combination of all of the above.

:biglaugh:

If you change your brake fluid when your brake pads are a bit on the "nearly worn out" side, and set the level to the top side of the window, then come back a couple months later to fit new pads, you might end up with too high a level in the master, as you will need to push the calipers back in a ways to fit the new pads.

So when choosing your brake fluid level, be sure to factor in pad wear, and any possible pad changeouts in the near future. In other words, you top off the rear master when changing fluid now, go to put new pads on 4 months from now and forget you had the master topped completely up...............spill.

A)It would have taken up too much space on the casing and caused everyone to want to spin it while reading the whole word?

B)"MINIMUM" does not translate from Japanese well? (might end up reading "Small Penis", or equivalent.)

C)At one point in time, the masters had both "LOWER" and "UPPER" printed on them, but somewhere along the line a parts engineer forgot to include the "UPPER", and all subsequent parts engineers followed blindly.

D)some obscure combination of all of the above.

:biglaugh:

Oh fuck!! I just spit my fiber bar all over the screen! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

a line with min would be a max they would have to print to get the most undisputed discription of what they want you to do.....remeber this bike also has a res and on switch that most still get wrong.....
all that matters is the motor starts when you hot the red thingy....

Oh fuck!! I just spit my fiber bar all over the screen! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

You admit having fiber bars in your diet? I may need a smooth move once in a while too Danny, but I'd never advertise it. :rofl_200:

a line with min would be a max they would have to print to get the most undisputed discription of what they want you to do.....remeber this bike also has a res and on switch that most still get wrong.....
all that matters is the motor starts when you hot the red thingy....

Not true Rovic....the minimum needed would be + & - :biglaugh:

You admit having fiber bars in your diet? I may need a smooth move once in a while too Danny, but I'd never advertise it. :rofl_200:

Jim, at this stage of the game I just don't care anymore....in fact having lived long enough to need fiber bars is kind of a status symbol, don't ya think? :punk:

Back