lower triple tree cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJimi

Reaction score
Anyone know where or who sells / makes a blank lower triple tree cover. The part located under the headlight that has Yamaha written on it.

Thanks

I'd just get a plate to screw/bolt to the OEM one and either leave it blank, or personalize it like you wish, maybe follow the lead of Sam Jackson's wallet in "Pulp Fiction." Who recalls the embroidered message? No fair googling!

I think a custom plate would be more $$$ than you would want to spend, but a bit of time spent fabricating could give you your desired blank plate, as-above.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 31
While you didn't quote the phrase, I think you know what it is. In many cases, yes, you could say that it's an appropriate English translation.

Since I was around for the release of the '85 VMax, and I recall the excitement it made at the magazines, including the pictures of the '32 Ford 'highboy' being driven by the 'greaser' and his ponytail girlfriend, facing a Clint Eastwood look-alike on a VMax, who proceeded to smoke them out as he did a burnout, causing the greaser to lose the cigarette he had dangling from his mouth, as it gaped wide in amazement at the howling VBoost and the rapidly departing VMax, his g.f. shrieking at the the sudden explosive nature of the powerful VMax, with 'Clint' departing for another time zone/zip code; yes, it is a (fill in the blank).

While there are many other bikes faster and quicker, it's probably one of the few bikes which garners approval from the H-D "if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand" lifestyle riders as well as the sportbike crowd. Not for its handling, but for its one-time performance king title. It took the next year and the GSXR1100 and the year after that for the FZR1000 to surpass the VMax on the strip.

I'm pretty sure that is the English translation of Yamaha.

$20 for rusty's cover. $5 on an assortment of sandpaper and you'll get a blank one. It will also cost you a couple fingerprints but, they will come back.

Filler sometimes and even welded them up before (which is more challenging)

Sean

Back