lowered front end a bit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intruder

Reaction score
I have just dropped my yoke down the forks or is that raised the forks up through the yoke by 3 cm, it has made the bike have a little more front end bias and i feel it has improved the handling with more feed back from what I felt was a quite vague or numb front end, I tried going 5cm but it was too twitchy but at 3cm it feels better than standard and gives the bike a slightly more aggressive look from the side.
Is this a tweek that is normally done and I just stumbled on it ? or have people found it a bad idea and dont promote it ?
I will leave it like this a while and see if it delivers any surprises.

I'm pretty certain it's a common setup. It was done to my 97 when I bought it. Lowered about 3/4" in the triple. They do make a lowering kit that drops the tube down inside the fork assembly and helps stiffen the assembly as a whole because of more overlap, and is also the preferred way to lower the front on the max. Just be mindful of the tire to radiator Gap, I've heard stories of the tire getting the radiator on hard braking.

I would not suggest lowering "externally" more then 1". It will help "turn in"

ok well noted guys , at 3 cm its a tad over the inch but feels fine and I have put it through its paces to see if it wanted to kick me into the hedge rows, all ok at the mo. Now looking at new screen but the one I want is made of carbon and is half a million quid! alternatives are being sought.

A 120/70/17" front tire does a nice job of lowering the front and keeping full suspension travel. My front/back combination gives me a little bit of lower front aspect. I like it.

Back