Lowering Links and dropped the bike AAGGG

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eezye

Reaction score
Well I was a night bike last night at quaker state and as I was leaving there was this guy in front of me who would not move he did a little as I turned to go and BANG down the bike went.:bang head::bang head::bang head: The amazing and good thing is the bike did not get a scratch on it. Just readjusted my left side mirror. Never been so embarrassed in my life. Sooo I'm blaming it on the height of the bike. I have a 30" inseam. Has anyone lowered there bike via Lowering links??? Is this a big deal? I'm currently having the seat shaved down as much as possible and may I'll loosen the suspension so it sinks a little when I sit on it. Any thoughts?

I tried the search feature to no avail..:bang head:

There are 1" and 2" lowering links available. They are a bitch to install.

I think you're on the right track modifying the seat.

If I were you I would purchase the lowered seat that Exactrep sells on an exchange basis. They say it lowers the seat 1.25". It's only about $180.

If you don't want to give up your seat right now.....but want to lower right away you could ask on the StarVmax site if anyone has a middle section that they could loan you to send out.

http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/V-Max_1700_Touring.html

Exactrep also sells a 1" lowering kit that includes a new rear shock, new front springs and a new kickstand. I think that is around $680. That is the only method I would use if I wanted to lower my Max, it works well.

There are 1" and 2" lowering links available. They are a bitch to install.

I think you're on the right track modifying the seat.

If I were you I would purchase the lowered seat that Exactrep sells on an exchange basis. They say it lowers the seat 1.25". It's only about $180.

If you don't want to give up your seat right now.....but want to lower right away you could ask on the StarVmax site if anyone has a middle section that they could loan you to send out.

http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/V-Max_1700_Touring.html

Exactrep also sells a 1" lowering kit that includes a new rear shock, new front springs and a new kickstand. I think that is around $680. That is the only method I would use if I wanted to lower my Max, it works well.

Thanks for your advise. I should have posted this to know about that seat you mention before I took mine to get shaved for about the same price:bang head::bang head: Will they take a modified stock seat in exchange for the exactrep seat? I'm just asking in case the one I'm having shaved is not enough.

What about softening the suspension? Would that lower the bike some when I sit on it?
thanks again for your help.
E

Thanks for your advise. I should have posted this to know about that seat you mention before I took mine to get shaved for about the same price:bang head::bang head: Will they take a modified stock seat in exchange for the exactrep seat? I'm just asking in case the one I'm having shaved is not enough.

What about softening the suspension? Would that lower the bike some when I sit on it?
thanks again for your help.
E

Yes...if you back off the preload on the rear shock the back will sag a bit. You can also raise the forks in the triple tree an inch or so. That will reduce the cornering clearance some though.

Just out of curiosity(new to the site). Why is there a VMAX lettering to the left of the post and the post is not highlighted green?
On tapatalk. ....or the computer?

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

I've got a 30" inseam, just like you.
With the following mods, I flat-foot the bike at stops, even when wearing bathroom slippers (NOT my usual riding footwear!)
- front forks lowered 11/2" internally, Progressive springs installed.
- !2" Progressive 412 shocks installed on rear.
- lowering blocks installed at rear. This lowers rear another 1/2", matching front lowering. Also allows rear wheel removal by just removing lower shock bolts - not possible with shorter shocks alone.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=12445&highlight=lowering

Cheers!
SORRY - just noticed this question applies to a gen 2 Max. Similar rear shock mods MAY be possible, I have no way of confirming.

One of my riding buddies has this issue. He can ride his vmax well,but can barely touch the ground tip toed. It's uncomfortable not to be flat footed when stopped. I've got to make him a set soon. I'd like to get some blanks cut, if anyone can help us out.
Steve-o

Just out of curiosity(new to the site). Why is there a VMAX lettering to the left of the post and the post is not highlighted green?

It will be in dim red or dim yellow- I can't see colors that well-if you have read it. It will turn back to bright green when there is a new answer that you have not read.
The "vmax" is the avatar you chose.

Latest posts

Back