Lowering question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krohsis

Reaction score
I watched Sean Morley's video on changing fork seals. He does a Progressive spring upgrade and a 1" lowering.

My question is, do you have to go with a different kickstand with lowering only the front by 1"?

An additional question.

I have read that if one lowers 2 inches in the front the front fender may contact the radiator under heavy suspension compression, i.e. big bumps, heavy braking etc. My question is, will the front tire make contact with the radiator in this situation as well? In other words, if the back part of the fender is removed to some degree or if the front fender is completely removed, is the contact issue gone, or does one need to worry about contact with the front tire when dropping 2 inches in the front?

Thanks.

You will potential hit the radiator. However my bike Wes briefly lowered 2” front and back and I ride pretty aggressively including track days and I never made contact. I do run my suspension on the stiff side.

You will potential hit the radiator. However my bike Wes briefly lowered 2” front and back and I ride pretty aggressively including track days and I never made contact. I do run my suspension on the stiff side.
Cool, thanks!

Back