LSL steering damper info

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
Hi all
Does anyone have fitting instructions or pictures of this setup? The one that has the damper underneath left scoop protruding from below. Thanks in advance.

This is the one me and leecifer had on our bike's. you will need to cut/trim the plastic trim near your frame so one of the clamps will fit. not a big deal and to replace the trim peace would not cost much. If you take your time and do a nice clean job trimming it you wont even see it. other than that all you need to do is play around with the adjusting. I don't know if i had it installed the way the instruction say to because i got it use and did not have any. But before i installed it when i hit 132 mph i had a very small slight vibration and after i put the steering dampener and a set of shinko tire's on i could take it to 150 mph with no vibration nice and smooth. Imo i think the shinko tire's are the best all around tire for the bike. the speed rating fit's the bike good and the bike corner's nice. But if you are a Beekeeper kind of guy and love to do brake torq and rolling burn out's than metzler is the tire for you. I have had a metzler on my bike and it did have a slight shake at 130 mph with the steering dampener but i had a shinko on the front so maybe miss match tire tread at that speed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shindy-17-4...0e918d6&pid=100338&rk=2&rkt=5&sd=301705871268

I will take some pics tonight
Becarefull clamp on frame side will break very easily at wire cutout .
Not much of a difference on first few settings.
There is a couple far pics on bike in for sale section
Danny

You can go into my gallery under 2002 all blinged up and see a pickture of it installed

That's not the lsl unit Mike. I'm talking about this one that protruded from underneath the left scoop
a0980c51889948daf308eda85a19cb56.jpg

Thinking back to what i did on the daytona install unless you have more parts im not sure the lsl will work. you must have a part that goes with the frame mount. The frame is a tube so not sure how you would get the mount to go around the tube with the bolt hole's the way they are. Not saying this don't go to a vmax but im not sure it will.

That's not the lsl unit Mike. I'm talking about this one that protruded from underneath the left scoop
a0980c51889948daf308eda85a19cb56.jpg

That looks like the 1 that goes in between the triple trees & the gauge cluster. If I was to get 1 that would be it nice clean mount.

Dave

This one is specifically made for the vmax by LSL. I already have the fitting instructions courtesy of H at Exactrep. But i would like to get some pictures of how it sits on the bike as im considering fitting this one on the bike im going to install a charger and im concerned i won't have clearance for the charger snout as it seats under the left scoop as well.

Back