Luggage option for Gen 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo Ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting luggage options for my 2015 and stumbled across this site. A friend in Germany says this is an apparently legendary German designer named Friedel Marz. My personal thoughts are to get the mounts and adapt them to my own luggage which is larger than his. He offers three types of luggage. The soft ones just don't look right to me but, someone might like them on their Vmax.
The racks:
273X Saddle bag holder with lock, V-Max 1700 | Vmax Bike

The soft luggage:
274Y Luggage bags Classik, lockable | Vmax Bike

The hard(ish) luggage:
274U Luggage Street, lockable | Vmax Bike

274T Luggage-bags Roadster, lockable | Vmax Bike

Nicely done ! The best hard bag solution I have seen that is available.
I bet those pics weren't taken at Bruce Mines at this time of year !
I take it that those are long bolts that fasten C bracket through backrest support
to fender/frame mounts. Did they come with set up from Hepco & Becker ?

I've been wanting luggage options for my 2015 and stumbled across this site. A friend in Germany says this is an apparently legendary German designer named Friedel Marz. My personal thoughts are to get the mounts and adapt them to my own luggage which is larger than his. He offers three types of luggage. The soft ones just don't look right to me but, someone might like them on their Vmax.
The racks:
273X Saddle bag holder with lock, V-Max 1700 | Vmax Bike

The soft luggage:
274Y Luggage bags Classik, lockable | Vmax Bike

The hard(ish) luggage:
274U Luggage Street, lockable | Vmax Bike

274T Luggage-bags Roadster, lockable | Vmax Bike
Looks like a nice rack, but you will likely have clearance issues with the exhaust and blinkers for anything but the smallest bags.

Wow this is awesome!!! I’ve not been able to find anything storage wise for my vmax. I have nowhere to put anything. At least on my sport bikes I have a spot under the seat plus the tank is steel so I keep a magnetic tank bag. All I’ve had on my max so far is my own pockets. lol
Are there any pics of these actually mounted on the bike?? I would want the smallest most sporty looking of the 3 sets. Or like the OP mentioned just buying the mounting system and finding my own. Does anyone else have other links for vmax 1700 storage??

Wow this is awesome!!! I’ve not been able to find anything storage wise for my vmax. I have nowhere to put anything. At least on my sport bikes I have a spot under the seat plus the tank is steel so I keep a magnetic tank bag. All I’ve had on my max so far is my own pockets. lol
Are there any pics of these actually mounted on the bike?? I would want the smallest most sporty looking of the 3 sets. Or like the OP mentioned just buying the mounting system and finding my own. Does anyone else have other links for vmax 1700 storage??
It can be done if you are patient and creative.

Attachments

• FrontLeft.jpg
    FrontLeft.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
They come in various sizes even to fit a full face helmet,
but i choose the SH23 liters that gives me the ability to filter between cars
Hey Jim I have a set of Shad bags here that I never got around to designing a GEN2 mounting. Can you give me some pics & input what you did to mount the bags. Would you do some things different?

This has been such an issue for everyone that I'd like to make a "Kit" available for everyone on here. I have some great contacts and friends in the sheet metal & CNC business that I have worked with for 20 years to work with to make parts. And, spent a good chunk of my life doing designs and mechanical drawings.

Hey Jim I have a set of Shad bags here that I never got around to designing a GEN2 mounting. Can you give me some pics & input what you did to mount the bags. Would you do some things different?

This has been such an issue for everyone that I'd like to make a "Kit" available for everyone on here. I have some great contacts and friends in the sheet metal & CNC business that I have worked with for 20 years to work with to make parts. And, spent a good chunk of my life doing designs and mechanical drawings.
Count me in for a kit

Latest posts

Back