Luv truck glamor shots.lol

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to take the Luv out today and get some glamour shots. Lol I guess I should take the Max to but was having fun in the truck this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20211101_134519.jpg
    20211101_134519.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211101_131057.jpg
    20211101_131057.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211101_131046.jpg
    20211101_131046.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20211101_130901.jpg
    20211101_130901.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20211101_130843.jpg
    20211101_130843.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211101_131430.jpg
    20211101_131430.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 43
Had to take the Luv out today and get some glamour shots. Lol I guess I should take the Max to but was having fun in the truck this afternoon.
We were lookin at your pics and realized that Luv is about identical body lines to my dads old yellow Isuzu. His was a long bed 4 cyl. diesel(non turbo) pick-up.
I've got a friend with an Isuzu Hombre, all stock 4x4 pick-up. Under the hood is all chevy, a big V6, like it was an S10 factory clone. Strange....

Chevy had a financial interest in Isuzu. There were a number of re-badged cars sold here as Chevys. The LUV pick up was just one of them. The Chevy Geo's were Isuzus. A family member had a Geo Storm, it got great gas mileage.

Ford had a similar arrangement with Mazda. The Ford Courier was a Mazda pick up. The swap of a small-block Ford V8 into those was another popular mod. I knew a local mechanic who had an early 1970's Mazda pick up, he swapped a Mazda rotary into it, and that was fast! It had the rotary buzzzz sound, which would wind higher and higher, and that little truck embarrassed many a local Camaro and Mustang. Last I saw it, he was at a Ft. Lauderdale Caddy/Chevy/GMC dealership. I first met him when he was at a so. FL Yamaha dealership.

The Mazda rotary-engined racers were popular in IMSA in the 1980's. There was no doubt about which cars passing were rotaries! The Spice chassis was a popular IMSA platform for the rotary-engine Mazda powerplants.

There is a British company now building a rotary track bike, but it's well over $100K. The principal was previously involved with the Norton Rotary bikes. Norton had both air-cooled and water-cooled rotary-engined bikes, their race-only rotaries were successful in the late 1980's-early 1990's.
Crighton CR700W motorcycle brings the rotary engine back into production (autoblog.com)

Last edited:
Well allrighty then! She does sound Healthy! We saw that VMOA cup there on the console too. I bet that little pick-up gets the "Wait Whaaat" responses when you roll by.

If you’re taking requests Kyle I’d like my sound clip after you push the smokescreen pedal to the floor. Lol
Poor motor needs a little help right now . I just need to get caught up on work so I can do it. I have a new much bigger cam laying here along with new pistons and rings and torque convertor among other things .

The short wheelbase on the truck and the power the SBC makes reminds me of the Cheetah. The seating position in relation to the rear axle is similar too.

Note the staggered wheels, the Torq-Thrust front wheels and the 5-oval hole US Mags on the rear. I have a pair of 5 X 4-3/4" X 8-1/2" GM-size aluminum wheels if anyone has a project and is looking for some vintage wheels. They fit old Camaros and Firebirds to 1981, at least.

Cheetah 1964.jpg

mag wheels aluminum 8.5 inch x 15 inch 5 x 4.75 inch bolt pattern.jpg

Last edited:
Poor motor needs a little help right now . I just need to get caught up on work so I can do it. I have a new much bigger cam laying here along with new pistons and rings and torque convertor among other things .

I’m glad you said something. I thought it sounded pretty noisy up there. Good to hear you’re on top of it.

I’m glad you said something. I thought it sounded pretty noisy up there. Good to hear you’re on top of it.
It is not knocking or anything even though it does kind of sound like it in the video. The rings are shot and it is using oil. It still gets up and goes but not quite like it should. It will be much better and faster as soon as I can get to it. I have this cam for it but am running 1.6 rockers instead of 1.5 so it will bump it up a bit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200909-090045_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200909-090045_Chrome.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 6
It is not knocking or anything even though it does kind of sound like it in the video. The rings are shot and it is using oil. It still gets up and goes but not quite like it should. It will be much better and faster as soon as I can get to it. I have this cam for it but am running 1.6 rockers instead of 1.5 so it will bump it up a bit.
I have a set of Cam Dynamics billet aluminum 1.5 roller rockers that I bought for my Chevelle about 30 years ago. Never installed them. The original packaging got so torn up I chunked it and put them in an old first aid kit box. Still have them to this day.

20211106_151647.jpg

My buddy might be interested in them . We are putting my old cam ,heads ,intake and convertor in his truck. I am keeping my 1.6 rockers
I have a set of Cam Dynamics billet aluminum 1.5 roller rockers that I bought for my Chevelle about 30 years ago. Never installed them. The original packaging got so torn up I chunked it and put them in an old first aid kit box. Still have them to this day.

View attachment 81175

Harvey Crane of Crane Cams was someone whom I knew. One of his machinists opened his own business and that's who's done most of my machine work, over the years. He's 'old-school,' no CNC. His #1 bread & butter is ocean racers and Porsches. They pay, they just want it done properly, and on-time.

Latest posts

Back