Lycan Engine Build

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know on one of the custom big chevy strokers the trick used to be to get an olds crank which had the larger journals then turn the crank down in the offset position to get the stroke increase the reduce the mains down.

The large journals was one of the reasons those big olds engines couldn't rev as high (not counting other things).

Sounds like you are far ahead of me on this kind of stuff and I will be the first to admit the machinst skill you have is light years ahead of me too. I personally would love to see you build a complete billet setup that makes incredible numbers.

Sean

I know on one of the custom big chevy strokers the trick used to be to get an olds crank which had the larger journals then turn the crank down in the offset position to get the stroke increase the reduce the mains down.

The large journals was one of the reasons those big olds engines couldn't rev as high (not counting other things).

Sounds like you are far ahead of me on this kind of stuff and I will be the first to admit the machinst skill you have is light years ahead of me too. I personally would love to see you build a complete billet setup that makes incredible numbers.

Sean

One thing is for sure... I'm gonna break a lot of stuff. Gotta make two of everything : ) I am one the best machinist's around... only because I know how to tig weld and hide my mistakes.

I'd really love to see a vmax run some big numbers too. I'm really wanting to get my hands on a set of heads from the gen 2. Has anybody priced a set from the dealer? Maybe Mondak will cut me a deal.

Don't hold your breath on Mondak. I am sure that you can find a complete wrecked gen 2 and get much more out of it then the gen 1 setup. But you aren't even going to have that.

Sean

Don't hold your breath on Mondak. I am sure that you can find a complete wrecked gen 2 and get much more out of it then the gen 1 setup. But you aren't even going to have that.

Sean

With or without a discount their going to be expensive so I really don't want a set to run. I'd like to do some measurements though. Using parts off a wrecked bike is not for me. Guess I'm superstitious.

Do you know of anybody taking their 09 engine down for performance upgrades this winter? Maybe I could borrow a set for a week or so.... Wishfull thinking :biglaugh:

Here is another rendering. I screwed up and its backwards, but check out that trick right hand drive you got now, lol

maxfunny2.jpg

Those are the best ones yet!!! That top one looks right on! To make it more realistic, can you make the rider larger? Maybe 25lbs in the mid-section? Yeah, methinks that would be like the real deal...

J/K Gary!

WOW! You've got SKILLZ! Ok, maybe 25lbs was not realistic. 35-40lbs maybe??? Just a smidge in da belly and you'll have it...

WOW! You've got SKILLZ! Ok, maybe 25lbs was not realistic. 35-40lbs maybe??? Just a smidge in da belly and you'll have it...

Ok here we go, some junk in the trunk. :rofl_200: It's all good Gary, you know we love ya. of course in that side huggin, bromance sorta way LOL

Attachments

• funny4.jpg
    funny4.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back