M.I.S wine & Beer Motorcycle Track Day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chad are you going to thunder this year. You are welcome to ride down with me and lee. I just got done figuring out gas and it will be around $150 for the trip start to finish.

It's looking like the meet place will be at US12 and 127 Cement City Michigan. There's a gas station on the corner next to Town and Country Motorsports and the Artesian Well's Bar. Meet time will be 9:45am.

Lee this will be one time that you'll be able to stay ahead of us As we will be the last bikes to enter the track as for a showdown at these speeds I think both of us will be playing it safe it will be about top end in the long straight away.. maybe we can come out of the third turn and beep the horn and see who can hit 190 first.

20140323_170357.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

4th gear through the mountains..... that was last week.

I found myself with a lot of low end power that I wouldn't string out the rpm's that high. This bike isn't like my turbo, it rpms slow compared to that. But than again, the back tire isn't spinning at 150 mph either.......

I should be able to make it then.

Todd

Todd thats fast in the mountains but its only 27 mph above the vmax on that track and I could have got 135mph If I had another lap. So im sure we will be above 157mph in the long strieght away . Im thinking we will come out of turn 4 (I think) at 120mph into the long stright. So we will need to know where and what each other are doing. I would make a joke right now but that is not joking speeds.

Don't know how they run it at MIS but... With the bikes you guys have, all you would have to do it ride up to the very outside of the track (turn 2) then then run "down" the bank aimed at the inside of the track at WOT and you should be easy in the 160-170 area before you want to slow. I hope you have new rear tires by then <BMFG>

Their website says the track is 73' wide and it's a 2 mile long oval

Attachments

• 201_MichiganInternationalSpeedway_raceway_tn.JPG
    201_MichiganInternationalSpeedway_raceway_tn.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 14
I dont know for sure but i thought i had a longer straight away coming out of turn 4. I need a better map.

Michigan-International-Speedway-Facility-Map.jpg

PlayPrevious1/1
Next
Michigan International Speedway Facility Map

Close

Looks like the best straight is out of turn two Craig. Turn two is where we get on the track and they said if you pay $35 you can stand near that area and video. Not the best place but Thats where my son will be unless i can talk them into something else.

Here is a quick little run I did up in the mountains a couple weeks ago. This is with my GIVI E55 top case loaded with 38 lbs of weight on the back top of the bike LOL. Plus I didnt tuck, I am sure it would pull a little better still.

1st gear ? I didnt wind it up, so I would guess 85-90 mph possibly.
2nd gear 115-118 mph
3rd gear 148 mph
4th gear ? I am guessing 170 mph

Todd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUAyaSgiIuI&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Maybe after we do M.I.S we can ride over to onondaga for some drag racing and lunch. What a fun day that would be. Onondaga dragway is only 1/8 mile but to do both in the same day I will be up for it.

1982206_219811998214971_1906695807_n.jpg

http://www.dragcoverage.com/?p=8073

Latest posts

Back