MAB - running no lid

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korcfutz

Reaction score
I just took the time this morning to complete the mod. I'm running with no lid how are you guys securing the scoops?

The front and rear screws are still used but the middle is unattached, the scoops seem secure not sure if I care without that third guy right there.

Thoughts? Ways around that y'all have done. PXL_20220813_145701671.jpg

I actually did mine wrong and had the lid on with the mod, when I took it off I was amazed how much better it ran. The sound it makes with no lid is amazing, I only used two screws as well and I have no issues. Good luck with your bike.

Curious why no lid ?
You know I'm up in the air, no pun intended... As to why I should be or not, I did the upgrade and now have the standard K&N filter I found a bracket that uses the center screw to hold the filter firmly in place, on my Stratoliner the common mod is to take the lid off and run without. I've read all over on here that the scoops are not directly responsible for ram air and only being utilized at extreme speeds. I figure if the faux hood is going to act as a lid in this case anywho. In conclusion I'll give it a shot and see what happens 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, Mr. Max to confirm the lid in question is the back portion that covers the air filter.

Last edited:
This is the cause of my situation, I purchased the bracket shown to hold the filter in from Star Rider. It utilizes the middle screw I guess if I really cared I could hold that in place then the lid over the bracket. The fitment is very snug I'm happy with the quality.PXL_20220813_144732397.jpg

Back