made it home safe with the new MAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRX/V-MAX

Reaction score
[FONT=arial, helvetica]ah well,

it was 1530 miles total

38.488 gallons of fuel

$105.75 fuel cost

39.752 mpg
upthumbs.gif

13 fuel stops

great people and food all the way.

West Virginia had the best scenery

Louisiana the absolute worst.....................

Barber Motorsport Museum is a must see for any enthusiast.

Also, say what you will about Harley's and dealerships, but this one went way above and beyond to see that I had a great purchase. My salesperson came in on their day off to pick me up at the airport in Cleveland, drove an hour and 15 minutes each way, paid for parking, and waited around till I was ready to leave.

The dealership staff also did an extra service on the bike to make sure I would get home, and the owner came out to visit before I left. All this for what was most definitly the cheapest bike in the store.

I can't say enough good things about Harley Davidson\Buell of Youngstown!

http://www.ytownharley.com/default.asp

here are some pics:

The Max at a bro's family compound
VMAX-Barber005.jpg

VMAX-Barber008.jpg

at Barber MM
VMAX-Barber067.jpg

cool bikes at BMM
VMAX-Barber013.jpg

VMAX-Barber040.jpg

VMAX-Barber039.jpg

VMAX-Barber059.jpg

VMAX-Barber051.jpg

VMAX-Barber018.jpg

VMAX-Barber020.jpg

I used to have this bike in my UTE. this one has 0 miles
VMAX-Barber037.jpg

at the mighty Mississippi
VMAX-Barber072.jpg

VMAX-Barber069.jpg

another bro's giant ass coon\cat
VMAX-Barber073.jpg

and finally the jewel on the crown
VMAX-Barber007.jpg

That's it for now
[/FONT]

How many days to do the 1500? I still can't believe you did it on a stock seat.:thumbs up:

Nothing like putting a few good miles on the bike all at once. I would have enjoyed that ( I think ) I'm looking forward taking a long trip.

Nice bike, I got nothing against Harley, they can't be that bad or nobody would be buying the bikes. We don't have a designated Yamaha dealership here, it's a mix - doing all Japan based bikes and Harley had to move to a bigger store ( friggen huge too ) in order to keep up to the demand. They must be doing something right. :whistlin:

Where are the pictures of the max from the museum - you mean to tell me it isn't old enough yet ! :rofl_200:

The trip took about three and a half days. I wasn't in any real hurry, but I didn't waste any time either.

I left Wednesday about 10:00 A.M.

I got home Saturday around 2:00 P.M.

That seat really wore my ass out.

I didn't see a MAX in the museum. They have alot of bikes in there, but most of them are vintage Brit, Italian and Harley/Buell.

They have some holes in their modern stuff. I really noticed there wasn't a GPz of any size, old style or swoopy.

I didn't see a MAX in the museum.

They're still making the V-Max! There's 85 models still used as daily runners. It's not some dead dusty museum piece -- yet. :biglaugh:

As for Harleys, I test rode 6 of them at bike week in Laconia. The latest generation Dyna Glides with the 6 speed and the 96 ci engine and new frame and forks is very nice. The V-Rods are impressive (and very much like the V-Max). Then I got on my V-Max and rode home. For a more than 20 year old design, the V-Max holds up well. Or another way to look at it, Harley is just now catching up!

My brother, who is into big twins, rode my V-Max for the first time Sunday. He said it reminded him of a big Harley -- lots of low-end grunt. Except where the V-twins run out of steam at 6,000 rpm, the V-Max has an entire another power band. He was impressed.

Nice cat!

I used to have a Maine coon that weighed 23lbs even when he was 16 years old and skin and bones.

Excellent disposition too, almost like a dog in it's affection level.

Rusty

ON A STOCK SEAT???:surprise:

Congrats on the new ride!

I just can't believe you did that on a stock seat...:worthy:

I am leaving Friday on a weekend trip to the Barber Motorcycle Museum with my 2003 Vmax and it's stock seat. Its going to be an 800 mile round trip, returning via the Natchez Trace Parkway. After I return, a seat may be my next purchase.

You gotta be shittin me.....after a whopping 30 minutes on my stock seat, my ass is already asleep and I find myself moving around trying to find the impossible comfortable position. Kudos to you for doing that ALL on the stocker!

definitely.. i've done 2 x 600 mile weekends in the past 3 weeks. sean's can't come soon enough.

stone ass mikey doesn't seem to mind either tho!

Hell I put more than my share of 300 mile DAYS on a stock seat, until I spoiled myself with a $10 purchase of a seat from a forum brother at Thunder last year. The cut down seat I bought is better than stock, but if you break your ass into fit the stock seat you can do a ton of miles on it no problem. No wonder it doesnt hurt when my lady spanks me LOL!!!!!

This thread is TWO years old!

lol@2 yr old thread!
I wouldnt have noticed if you didnt point it out!
I did my long distant trip 3 yrs ago....orlando fl to Corning ny.... 1st time on it....saddle sores like mad tho!
I left on a sat morning at 5am and pulled in my driveway sun at noon!
wasnt letting any grass grown under those tires...lol(which I had to replace when I got home!)

Latest posts

Back