made my own gen 2 passenger backrest / sissybar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
i made this so my girl will ride with me. today we rode a little bit but she got off and made me go get the car, i didnt have it installed ATM because i lost the bolts lol! (>.<)

so tomorrow the backrest is goin on and she'll ride wich me agayne :D
i didnt feel like waiting around 2 years for someone to make one so i got with a local engineering company and made my own.

powdercoated matte black to match the bike, VMAX inscription on back is in the VMAX font also :)

you'll like the way it looks, i guarantee it.

if anyone wants one, you have to have the OEM backrest because it uses those rails and pad and bolts, this is an extension of it. literlly a bolt on bolt off mod.

and just tested last night, fits perfectly with the luggage rack!!1!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

price is $125, coated and shipped. if you want a custom color, or custom inscription let me know and i'll see what we can work out.

i got a job so im not desperate for cash like i was, which doesnt matter, because i didnt sell any crash bars anyway :( which is a shame, throw pegs and a NOS bottle on them and theyre comfy.

Attachments

• DSC_0299.jpg
    DSC_0299.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_0301.jpg
    DSC_0301.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 290418875425_3.jpg
    290418875425_3.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 361
  • image_50221.jpg
    image_50221.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 217
  • luggagerack.jpg
    luggagerack.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
we dont have any plans to make rails at this time unless people really dont wanna pay for the OEM but there isnt much interest in this bike sadly.

i have contacts with a local leathermaster/worker so im gonna see about getting a more comfortable pad made for it.

my cellular is 1-812-614-0188 if you have any questions or just wanna talk vmax for a few hours.

Last edited:
:bang head: Does anyone know where I can find a gen 2 vmax low profile backrest pad only. Im trying to do a modification on my 03 max. I have been checking everywhere :bang head:. I dont know what else to try:confused2:. if any of you guys have in information on my problem, please email me at [email protected] Thanks so much fellas......RIDE SAFE!:punk:

Hey all im just feeling interest to see if anyone would want one of these made. I have maybe 2 people interested but they do not do batches that small due to too much wasted material

I believe I had a batch of 50 maybe about 10 years ago and they havent been available since.

Hey all im just feeling interest to see if anyone would want one of these made. I have maybe 2 people interested but they do not do batches that small due to too much wasted material

I would for sure be interested in one! How long does it take and How much?

I'd also be interested. I think it would be great to have the option to switch into for passengers and I like the look.

Hello everyone! I just picked these up from powder coat last night. I have 8 available. First come, first serve. Price is the same @ $125 shipped. Remember you still need the OEM rails/pad to use this.

if you want one just paypal [email protected]. Please cover the fees. I'll comment here when I'm almost out.
If youre outside of the continental US please PM me so we can arrange the shipping.

here's an updated photo of one from this batch. These are baby smooth.

Attachments

• 104664424_10157732719459227_4032786242297431358_o.jpg
    104664424_10157732719459227_4032786242297431358_o.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 33
Great looking back rest. Are you still producing them and if so do you currently have any available? I’d like to get one if possible.

Back