Magna rider turns to VMax to cure speed addiction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome chad, about time you got around to posting up over here!...........As far as tires go, I run the Dunlops both ends with the 170-80 out back, stands up fairly well to my abuse............:biglaugh:............We'll be getting that ride in soon!.........................Tom.

Owned a yellow Magna 750 too... and an 80s Magna 700
dscn0571.JPG
They are a great bike, except for the number of times I had to replace the regulators or ever having to work on the carbs

Welcome to the forum bud, southwest MI here and I have a 94 too! Get yourself the Shinko's because you can buy two of them for the price of one of the Metz.. When rebuilding the forks hook up with Sean or Kyle on here and get the stock replacement fork seals, I learned the hard way by getting ones from motorcycle superstore and they weren't in for 2 months and started leaking again :bang head: Like others have said if you need to get into the clutch for anything it's a good idea to update the shift segment (easy to do and cheap) because anything you can do to make the trans last longer is a good idea. There is a ride coming up in southwest MI Dowagiac but I'll have to get the dates but a bunch of nice people with some pretty tricked out Vmax's

You are so right!

Here are the preferred tires for most people of this forum:

1. Metzeler ME880 not V-rated, but quality and longer lasting. Slightly pricey.

2. Shinko T230 Tourmaster super-grippy, wears a bit faster, cheap but some people have reported mixed quality (dodgy runout, needs more weights than usual to balance)

I personally run the Shinko and love it esp. for its grip, including in the wet.

Avon Venom.

O

Welcome to the forum.nice looking bike for sure.I know a guy in lansing that may steal it.. ..AKA magnadude.:biglaugh:

I talked with John about trading one of my Magna's for it. Glad to see you got the bike.

I ended up waiting and found a good deal myself on a 1999 Max.

And I am also in Michigan.

Now I have a 85 V65, 87 Super Magna and the 99 Max.

The V65 and Super are both for sale now..... I picked up the 99 Max on Saturday, put 220 miles on it as of today and don't see myself putting any miles on the other two now....

Congrats on the trade, I think you did good.
Todd

Latest posts

Back