Magnetic Phone/Ipod holder..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanot

Reaction score
Hello all. I am looking for a small magnetic tank bag for my cell phone only. I want to be able to use the GPS (via touch screen) and have head phones coming out.

I do not want a full size tank bag, I just want something small enough for my phone.

Any ideas?

something like this? or this? how 'bout this? maybe this?
{EDIT} with all of these, if you are looking for a cleaner look instead of some dongle-sour-thumb sitting on your tank, you could go the fabric store and by the material of your liking, get someone savvy with the needle or machine and wrap the gadget however you wish.

There's an easier solution.

Go on ebay, and search for an "iJet". It's a remote control thingy for ipods. They're like $20 and work great. Velcro the remote to your clutch master(perfect fit), then stick the ipod in your pocket. You can play/pause, skip tracks, and adjust volume from the clicker, which also has pretty big glove-friendly buttons.

GPS? Use the suction mount and stick it to the airbox lid. I suction the Hero cam there all the time and it's hung on to 140+.

Be wary of magnets and ipods. If you have one of the versions with a hard drive, even a weak magnet in close proximity can royally screw it up.

Honestly I have a Sprint Nexus S phone (Android) and ideally what I'm looking for is a tank holder that will keep it somewhat weatherproof but still allow me to view/interact with the screen.

Hello all. I am looking for a small magnetic tank bag for my cell phone only. I want to be able to use the GPS (via touch screen) and have head phones coming out.

I do not want a full size tank bag, I just want something small enough for my phone.

Any ideas?

Iron Pony has one. Saw it the other day when i was there. Ironpony.com,check it out or call 614-901-7669.

I would like the same kinda low profile option. I'm thinking about the Cortech Micro. Looks like this:
8225-2305-00.jpg

I think it is sharp and can hold a wallet, keys, too. Mag and strap base. They are backordered a lot of places it would seem though.

i was admiring my co-worker's new triumph thunderbird, when he pulls out this and slaps it on his tank. I immediately recalled this thread and just had to share it with y'all. Granted it's emblazoned with HD, but eh. You can prolly find it for cheaper than at the HD online shop. He got his from the local HD dealership for something like $30 he said.

1108-hbkp-01-o+new-boom-audio-music-player-tank-pouch-from-harley-davidson+tank-pouch.jpg

Latest posts

Back