main stand problems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colshine

Reaction score
can anyone help. my vmax has no main stand , i have bought stand and parts to fit but only one of the bolts holding the stand on will go through the locating holes, the other one is obstructed . do i have to remove something or should the bolts fit?

Aren't they shouldered? Try the one which fits, on the other bracket.

Last edited:
thanks for replying, yes they are both shouldered and the same length etc. the bolt for the right hand side is hampered by a bracket which appears to hold some of the exhaust collector box. i was wondering if i had to remove part of the exhaust system to get it in which seems excessive

Can you remove the bracket to the collector without removing the exhaust? It's been awhile since I did one of those, I have a 4/2/1 UFO Dragstar system, you don't have to cut and/or bend the centerstand brackets, as you do w/the Kerker 4/1. Jon Cornell (UFO, he is deceased) used to sell some screws that would work to fit for service, the centerstand. It wouldn't allow you to ride w/the centerstand, though.

the whole bike is totally stock and original. i need to get the bike up on a table to get a better look at the situation with a view to possibly grinding a small amount off the collector box bracket , i think i may be able to do this without compromising anything , worth a try. many thanks again for your responses.

Back