making a living

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currency Automation Engineer for the Federal Reserve Bank. I love my job, I basically goto work to relax and work on VMAX stuff.

I'm a mainframe analyst/programmer at a bank. I dig it but am worried about the current financial meltdown. Thanks goodness my bank didn't invest in the high risk loans, etc.

Self employed underground petroleum storage tank tightness tester (whew!). I owned and operated my own tank testing business for 15 years and loved it. It was very satisfying. It's also how I met my wife, she hired me to work for the folks she works for, NYS Div Military & Naval Affairs.
I sold the business in May '06 and now I'm retired.
All in all, life ain't bad!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

For the last 14 years, Regional Operations Manager for a National Less Than Truckload Transport Carrier.

Job definitely has it's ups and downs, but overall good place to work.

Mike

i myself try to get through life being a electronic engineer and being half retarded at all times, working well so far, life is to dicked up to take it serious. dave

I'am a flight instructor. Had a flight school for 22 years. Now retired, still teaching part time to keep my proficiency. I love fliying.

I've been making music using computers and people for 20 years, mostly in the UK. Quite a bit of pop, a lot of dance stuff and a buncha everything else in between. Loved it all the way. :band:

Now I'm teaching Audio Post Production @ Full Sail University in Orlando. It's piss easy but quite repetitive, don't like it as much and the pay is shite. :sleep:

But I do get a lot of time to play with Maxine :biglaugh:

Retired in Feb08 after 26 years of playing Army. I don't do much of anything any more except play "this old house with dave ferris" at my family and friends houses, play with my cars and Vmax- maybe get to dive every once in a bit.
may have to find a real job again though, getin' bored. . .

General Manager of a small, incorporated construction company. We only work for communications companies (cell phones, microwave radio, pager systems, etc). Just got that title recently. Only thing it's good for is signing contracts with our customers. I am a hands on guy and my duties mainly revolve around keeping a few crews going day to day. I order all civil construction and electrical materials, schedule all civil and electrical activites, oversee all construction sites, coordinate with any subcontractors and set up contracts, bid civil and electrical work on all projects. I started working here about 10 years ago and found myself in the office one day. I still get out to go see the jobs in order to bid them and I also get to go out and work from time to time. Spent 2 weeks on a jobsite this month (that was a first for this year) in order to help get our project going. It was a little more complex than my guys are used to involving a transformer, multiple disconnects, transfer switch, generator receptacle, building a room with metal studs, drywall, roof curb installation and exhaust fans, etc. Then from that job to one at a water tank involving drilling caissons through rock with lawyers agruing over inches one way or the other. It's a good place to work all in all. No one watches over me. The owner is my only boss and he stays at home 99% of the time. The only bad part is it's very demanding of my time. I don't have the luxery of being able to call off or get sick, there is too much I'm responsible for. I've never taken a vacation in the middle of the year since I've been a desk jockey, only the last few days of the year 'round Christmas

nice naughty i am a music nut who is your favorite band, mine is rem and a close second is radiohead. dave

to be honest I like so many things it's hard to name a real favorite for me. I have think I've got more favorite songs than favorite bands or artists - most do manage a decent tune on occasion!

If it's a good tune I like it - no matter who did it or the genre :clapping:

I'm a Industrial Electrican for a fiberglass tubbing manufacturer. If I had it to do all over again, I would of went out west and became a hunting guide. But lifes been good so far. I own a VMax :punk:

Certified state of Florida Turd Herder. I operate a 200 million dollar municipal water reclamation plant. It can be a good paying job if one stays on for a few years and gets the highest licensing attainable. Great benefits and really no downturn unless everyone decides to stop moving their bowels. I do not have to touch fecal matter on a regular basis but there is always the POTENTIAL for it. My duties vary alot so you don't really get bored but it definitely not the place for an "A" type personality. Same ol'shit every day. Do I like it? I am too old to change jobs and it is a job that is easy to retire in. Now let's talk about my brother the Funeral Director and V Max rider!

QA engineer for a data storage company (EMC)....

you techies may have heard of them, esp if your a storage admin....

Retired in Feb08 after 26 years of playing Army. I don't do much of anything any more except play "this old house with dave ferris" at my family and friends houses, play with my cars and Vmax- maybe get to dive every once in a bit.
may have to find a real job again though, getin' bored. . .

Nice. I'm currently playing the Army game in Afghanistan. I'm a medic, if you didn't get that from the name. I love what I do, but I hope to take it to the next level soon. I'm finishing up my pre-med degree and hoping to start med school within the next three years. This trip to Afghanistan (as well as re-enlisting over here) paid for the new Max that'll be mine in February. Thank you, taxpayers!

Back