Making the vmax look "low profile"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osw22

Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this, but....I'm wanting to lower my bike, which has stock suspension and tire height/width. My brother-in-law has a Mean streak and I love the way it looks, but I prefer the power the vmax has.

I don't know if I really want to change the rear rim, so I think a ME880 is probably what I'm going to go with, and a lasertech front.

Any suggestions on lowering height,mirrors/turn signals? The stock ones need to go :D.

Also, anyone have any pictures of something along the lines of this?

I am lowering mine on Monday, I will post some pics, before and after...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

A cheap way to lower the front is just slide the tubes up in the trees. But careful if you go this route for a few miles, as it tends to make the steering twichy. Otherwise shorter rear shocks and progressive front suspension with lowering blocks.

+1 what shover said. You could also shave the seat to help with the lowered look. As far as the turn sigs and mirrors--man that is like asking a drunk what his favorite drink is, hahaha.

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

I want the rear bodywork in the second pic, but i think it was custom or it would be on my Max. If anyone can fabricate it?:biglaugh:

78i2bl9.jpg

bikepics-1789161-full.jpg

This might help.
Here is mine with standard suspension, chopped out seat, drag bars and slightly lower handlebar risers. Also the headlight further forward, and the speedo has gone now. All those little things made a difference overall, to me anyway. :biglaugh:
v1.jpg

Here is how it sits with the rear shockies 1" lower. It drops the rear by more like 1 5/8" if I measure it with my eyecrometer.
v2jpg.jpg

Go lower in small increments. Wholesale lowering w/o riding & testing as you go - clearances / handling / stopping may surprise you , not in a good way. Begin with the front forks & shock and buy the best you can afford. USD front forks , 17" wheels with radials , although not cheap , are an excellent way to lower and improve your suspension. I use Racetech exclusively for the front end ; Works Performance , higher end Progressive for the rear shocks . :punk:

Attachments

• # 2 Group Chip 287.jpg
    # 2 Group Chip 287.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 44
Back