Man films death of his friend on bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats really terrible, and thats also why I wont ride like that, especialy in that kind of traffic.
People in cars get scared when those guys come up behind them like that and try to get out of the way where as if they woulda stayed put, ------------.
just another lesson that didn`t learn in riding class.
<<Dave>>

No one else to blame here but the driver of the motorcycle...

There is a time and a place to ride like that. Not putting everyone else around you at risk...

I can only imagine what was going through he is head 1 second before impact... likely "What have I done...."
________
Ford Wiki history

Last edited:
Wow, no motorcycle rider deserves to die while riding but at the same time any motorcycle rider who rides like both of them should expect the possibility of it.

I'm sorry for the families of the rider and the driver of the car this will affect their lives forever..

So sad

Sadly, some guys get little big man syndrome when they get
a powerful bike. They believe they are 10 ft tall and bulletproof.
Drivers of all vehicles involved will never be the same. Not sure
how old the riders son was just glad he didn't pick him up.
Sympathy's go out to all involved.

The thing is, is that he tried to pass a car who was already commited to passing another car !
Either he really didn`t see the moving van or he made a horrible mistake/ act of stupidity.:ummm:
those bikes can stop and slow down pretty quick which would have saved his life.
it`s very sad and I feel terrible about it but in all actuality it didn`t have to end that way.:confused2:
<<Dave>>

The guy in the car prolly checked his mirror before pulling out and saw a headlight....that's all! There was no reason for him to expect that headlight was approaching at over 100 mph, and accelerating!

This tragedy was soooo avoidable! :bang head:

NOTHING FOR NOTHING , JUST TO GO OUT & RIDE LIKE THAT NONE STOP , HOW LONG DID HE THINK IT WAS GOING TO BE BEFORE HIS LUCK RAN OUT ? I FEEL BAD FOR HIM ! I THINK I FEEL WORSE FOR HIS FRIEND THAT WITNESSED IT ! IT STILL SUCKS ! I'LL TELL YOU SOMETHING ELSE ; THERE WAS WAY TO MUCH TRAFFIC IN MY OPINION , TO BE FUCKING AROUND LIKE THAT !...:confused2: UNLESS YOU WERE RUNNING FROM THE " COPS " !...:punk:

I don't feel even a slight amount of pity for anybody riding like that in traffic, kinda like thinnin the herd. Lane splitting at high speeds and passing on shoulders is basically praying russian roulette, you won't keep getting by with it. No matter the skills of the rider, some little old lady only needs to drift aver 10 inches, or somebody reach into the bag for another handfull of fries, and it's over. The other day I was on the bike behind about 6 or 7 vehicles following a farmer on a two-lane about 40 mph. Even with a clear view ahead I didn't pass. I don't trust that one of them wouldn't have came out while I was passing. For some reason I remember a guy I knew about 22 years ago on a v-65 passing about 10 cars and somebody else came out to pass, hehit them in the ass at about 100 mph, did a superman over them, and died about two days later.

As reminder STOP at yellow lights..I usually have the urge to make the light but luckily I held back a few weeks ago on a 3 lane road with a car right next to me. He was sort of blocking my vision (I was in the middle) and stopped suddenly at a yellow..I did the same and we were both cut off by a guy turning left..will never try to make the light again

Years ago, shortly after I got my first car, I was on my way home from work. I got off the interstate, came to the end of the off ramp, stopped, looked both ways. I saw a motorcycle wwaaayyyy off to my right, nothing left, so I turned left. I didn't make it to the overpass before this bike passes me ON THE RIGHT, narrowly missing me and the cement barricade. A short ways up the road he slows down to stop behind a stopped car, well I was of course pissed, so I stopped very close to his back tire, just to let him know that what he did pissed me off. Well, he was your stereotypical HD biker, so he gets off his bike and walks up to my car to tell ME off. I wasn't the one going over 100, passing on the right in a stupid a$$ spot to boot, and he's yelling at me!? I told him to shut the f#%$ up before I called the cops, I already had his plate. He finally did something smart, got on his Harvey and left, slowly.

Years ago, shortly after I got my first car, I was on my way home from work. I got off the interstate, came to the end of the off ramp, stopped, looked both ways. I saw a motorcycle wwaaayyyy off to my right, nothing left, so I turned left. I didn't make it to the overpass before this bike passes me ON THE RIGHT, narrowly missing me and the cement barricade. A short ways up the road he slows down to stop behind a stopped car, well I was of course pissed, so I stopped very close to his back tire, just to let him know that what he did pissed me off. Well, he was your stereotypical HD biker, so he gets off his bike and walks up to my car to tell ME off. I wasn't the one going over 100, passing on the right in a stupid a$$ spot to boot, and he's yelling at me!? I told him to shut the f#%$ up before I called the cops, I already had his plate. He finally did something smart, got on his Harvey and left, slowly.
ISN'T THAT ALL YOU CAN DO WITH A HARLEY , " LEAVE SLOWLY " ! "LOL":rofl_200:

It is a sad deal. I was also surprised at the ammount of traffic involved. Like mentioned before it was only a matter of time. Nobody can judge your distance at speeds like that.

Seriously though, I feel bad for the family and the friend that filmed this horror. I'm sure it will haunt him forever.

Latest posts

Back