Manifold Cover Screws

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmax06

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could tell me the OEM Yamaha part number on the screws that hold the intake manifold covers on? I need to sync my carbs and two of the scews are on so tight I am going to ruin them to get them off and I'd like to have some new ones on hand. Thanks fellas

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could tell me the OEM Yamaha part number on the screws that hold the intake manifold covers on? I need to sync my carbs and two of the scews are on so tight I am going to ruin them to get them off and I'd like to have some new ones on hand. Thanks fellas
Don't use a hand impact on these screws, or you'll be buying manifolds. I know an experienced mechanic that found this out the hard way and wanted me to share this with you. Yes, I have a friend................
Steve-o

Don't use a hand impact on these screws, or you'll be buying manifolds. I know an experienced mechanic that found this out the hard way and wanted me to share this with you. Yes, I have a friend................
Steve-o

Mmmm, I've used that one before too Steve-o!

Sorry to hear about your cracked manifold! :hihi:

I purchased a set of vise grip pliers from Sears which had a needle nose vise grip in the set, it's great for locking onto screws big and small.

I have some of the Sears needle nose vise grips also....they work great.

I've found a small flat bladed screwdriver works very well on the manifold cover screws....a phillips always seems to pop out and mouse up the head.

Thanks guys, its too bad that factory put these screws on so hard. Strange thing is, the rear ones I was able to unscrew but the two front ones are just ridiculous.

If I'm reading the part number correctly, you can use a socket head 6mm x 33mm to replace the phillips head with a SS allen head bolt and not worry about it anymore!:punk:

I tapped mine out to 1/4-20 sae since there were some nice stainless allen heads laying around the garage...I'm lazy..Don't even have to drill these to go to 1/4-20 just tap them.....

There are several places on my bike that have been converted to SAE since they were worn out and stripped from "overuse" Scoops, headlight etc...

Latest posts

Back