Manual VBoost Idea

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
I am currently running with the VBoost wide open. I have the servo and controller removed and I took a piece of brake line (metal tubing) cut a slit in it with a dremel down the length of the tube, slid the vboost wire in it and let the metal end rest on the outside (hopefully that makes sense) The vboost springs keep tension on it and it stays wide open. I was working on a buddies old suzuki and it has a choke lever (not really a lever but a push/pull knob) on it and I thought we could easily retrofit that to the handle bars or tirple trees and you could just open it up whenever you wanted to.... or push it in when you want to close it. The only time I want it closed is for syncing it, but it would be pretty convienent to have this adjustment. Here is a picture of the choke system.
315Kx76q3ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Has anyone done this before?

Cheers,

Jeff

I had thought about something like this a while back. Was thinking one could link it to the throttle linkage somehow and have the Vboost open with the carb butterflies. Never got down to the logisitics, but still think that a manual Vboost is an interesting concept.

Pretty cool, Jeff. I think someone on here was going to rig up a bicycle handgrip shifter to their v-boost. I don't know if they ever actually did it or not....

Sounds like I need to get the venture choke cable and see if it can attach there. if so it may bolt onto the bottom of the left switch housing and be a very simple device and look clean (almost stock)

didn't john lynch or similar name do something like that too?

been thinking the same, gotta find a better way then to lockwire hold them open. like jims idea, have it start to open with the throttle, man vs, comes in around 5500 or something..... have a few ideas, might have to mod a throttle tube and cable.

Latest posts

Back