Manual VBoost

Discussion in 'User Mods' started by maxcruiser, Oct 11, 2007.

Help Support VMAX Motorcycle Forum by donating:

Tags:
  1. Jun 28, 2019 #21

Fire-medic

Fire-medic

Fire-medic

See if you get enough cable travel to make the closed to fully-open transition. I expect it's probably about an inch & a half, look & see.

2. Jun 28, 2019 #22

Fire-medic

Fire-medic

Fire-medic

Since we're having a twist-grip conversation, who is attributed the invention of the motorcycle twist grip? Hint: was also the fastest man on land and in the air before World War 1! For the land speed record portion he rode a bevel final Drive V8 engine motorcycle engine of his own design and manufacture.

Answer Glenn Curtiss of Hammondsport New York. There is a very interesting Museum there if you get a chance to see it you should.

Anyone who rides any Indian Motorcycle of a certain vintage will be familiar with the left-hand twist grip as that's what they used to vary spark advance.

3. Sep 15, 2019 #23

john rossignol

john rossignol

john rossignol

Well I did your idea , I,ll have to you tell ,your right ,its great , I didn't pull the carbs , to lazy , this winter I will , I took out all the servo , controller ,made a right angle bracket for the cable pully ,grinded down a bicycle brake lever and hooked to the cable . than hooked it to the shifter, the best thing is now I can get to the coil wires , tested it out today , perfect , and you don't have to worry about all that electronic stuff ,

4. Oct 3, 2019 #24

maxcruiser

maxcruiser

maxcruiser

Hey John, sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on this forum much lately.
    Happy to hear that you like the conversion. It is a fun mod and it doesn't hurt that it's low tech, simple and easily reversible.

5. Oct 3, 2019 #25

john rossignol

john rossignol

john rossignol

ITS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO , AT 5000 RPM , JUST GET ON BOTH THROTTLES ,LOL . I LOVE IT . THANKS AGAIN ,I USED A SUN RACE FOR NOW ,MY FRIEND HAS A BICYCLE SHOP DOWN THE STREET, THIS WINTER ,WHEN I PULL CARBS I,LL GO WITH A GRIP SHIFT , DIRECT HOOK UP

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  6. Oct 6, 2019 #26

one2dmax

one2dmax

one2dmax

I THINK I have a manual vboost setup around here using a choke cable to run it.

7. Oct 7, 2019 #27

john rossignol

john rossignol

john rossignol

Give the the grip shift a try, after a couple times ,it becomes second nature,and no electronic malfuntions