March Motor Cyclist Magizine V-Max vs B-King

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxout1200

Reaction score
Got my March Copy today. Article is entitled:

ABSOLUTE POWER
Star V-Max VS. Suzuki B-King​

Seems like a pretty fair comparison though I have some questions about their horse power data. Maybe their test bike is not broken in yet 166.9 @8750 rpm

Corrected 1/4 mile times:

B-King 10.13 @ 139.31

V-Max 10.41 @ 137.40

is it a good article? i may have to pick one up..

No that's about right. 197 stock at the crank right?

So 166 isn't far off with trans and drive shaft losses added in.

Chris

The B-King is 181 at the crank-anybody know what it is at the rear wheel?

The article said 161.5 bhp @ 9500 RPM 97.9 lb-ft @ 7000 RPM (this info from Starvmax.com)

Edit: I see it must have been you maxout1200 that posted these numbers on Starvmax.com

No that's about right. 197 stock at the crank right?

So 166 isn't far off with trans and drive shaft losses added in.

Chris

The majority of these dyno's showed an average of 175 hp. 166 seems quite low.

Just thought this thred needed some pictures.

Attachments

• max2.jpg
    max2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 114
  • bking2.jpg
    bking2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 115
This is copied from maxout's post on starvmax.com:
B-King: 161.5 bhp @ 9500 rpm 97.9 lb-ft @ 7000 rpm
VMax : 169.6 bhp @ 8750 rpm 109.7 lb-ft @6500 rpm

The 169.6 HP is a lot closer to the 175 HP averages that have shown around. It still needs to go on a slight diet IMO. But in the end for me it really wouldn't matter, it is a Vmax and has a rich heritage while the B-king is a non selling Busa parts bin bike. Just MO, FWIW. I'm sure the B-king is a nice bike but I still would prefer a Vmax, but I may be a little biased.:confused2:

Wonder how much suzuki slipped them?

Gotta make up for those dismal sales?

Have they even sold 100 of them?

Ok here's some more stats from the article:

Top gear roll on 60 - 80 mph:

B-King 2.49 sec.
V-Max 2.66 sec.

Fuel Mileage (high/low/average)

B-King 43/35/40
V-Max 35/26/30

Wonder how much suzuki slipped them?

Gotta make up for those dismal sales?

Have they even sold 100 of them?

Suzuki discontinued the B-king for 09. But Motor Cyclist Magazine did dedicate about 1/2 of the issue to the B-king. My local stealership has B-king on the floor that he cant give away cuz its to dam ugly.
TC

My local stealership has B-king on the floor that he cant give away cuz its to dam ugly.
TC

There's one on the floor at my stealers too, I was checking it out the other day and a salesman came over and started to give me 'the pitch,' said "This bike is a collecter bike, they only made it one year. People are really grabbing them up."

Guess the guy hadn't seen me in there getting parts before. :confused2:

I said, "Is that why it's been sitting here on the floor for almost a year?"

He slowly walked away. :biglaugh:

I don't really have anything against the 'B', it needs a few mods and the price is right, but I don't want two bikes, and I WON'T give up my v max........:punk:

three dealers i went to had B Kings on the floor....see more on the floor now then when they first came out...you can probably pick up a b king for 10.000..or less soon..suzuki has to discount them soon dont forget the max has a much larger motor...those inline,s are hard to beat :boxing00:

Suzuki discontinued the B-king for 09. But Motor Cyclist Magazine did dedicate about 1/2 of the issue to the B-king. My local stealership has B-king on the floor that he cant give away cuz its to dam ugly.
TC

They've only been discontinued in the States, there is a new year model here in Canada. I should look around in the States to see if I can get an 08 for cheap.

They've only been discontinued in the States, there is a new year model here in Canada. I should look around in the States to see if I can get an 08 for cheap.

The one that I was looking at, the guy said $10,800 and they couldn't go lower cause that was 'dealer cost.'

Cash $'s should get a better deal tho, at least it certainly should.

I didn't know there was an '09 'B', why isn't it being sold in the states, poor sales record?

Latest posts

Back