Marks 4-1 Oh Yea

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
First ride today with my 4-1 installed. Definately the sound of power. after hearing and feeling the difference between stock and this, It's like the bike can breathe for the first time. Very impressive. The only thing I'm going to have to do is bring the decibles down a notch. I have a 14 inch can with no turn down. I'm under the impression that a turn down will help alot to divert the sound from the driver. Maybe a different can. I like the sound, but I don't want to have to wear ear plugs.

I thought the same thing when i got my system so i ordered longer cans to tone it down a bit. I ended up going back to the original cans after i got used to it. Just give it some time before you make any changes...

First ride today with my 4-1 installed. Definately the sound of power. after hearing and feeling the difference between stock and this, It's like the bike can breathe for the first time. Very impressive. The only thing I'm going to have to do is bring the decibles down a notch. I have a 14 inch can with no turn down. I'm under the impression that a turn down will help alot to divert the sound from the driver. Maybe a different can. I like the sound, but I don't want to have to wear ear plugs.

Mark can make you a quieter baffle. I did that to mine. It sounds the same just lower decibels.

CONGRATS!!!! You'll get use to it and soon be wanting to trim the cans. BWAHAHAHA. Be sure to add to the collection: Mark's Exhaust Sounds Gen 1. Talk to me after a couple of months and perhaps you and I can swap my 14" with turndowns and your 14" withouts.

You'll get used to the Big Block Roar...... I have my Kerker, Mark's Can'd, cut to 12" and packed with aftermareket packing. I Totally Love It...

I've had mine on for a couple of weeks.
After getting the tuning sorted, it doesn't sound too loud at all.
Or maybe I just can't hear any more..... :rofl_200:

(Seriously, the tuning quietened it down a lot!)

Hell I took the packing out of the first set I got. I guess I like things loud.:punk:

So I was experimenting with this, but stopped short after removing the Allen screws from the end caps. Are the caps epoxied on or something?

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

The end caps are connected via the perforated inner pipe. To check out your muffler packing take out all of the screws out of the muffler "skin" and slid it over the endcap. This is why Mark's endcaps are not replaceable.

Don't get me wrong. This thing sounds nasty:punk:. There is just a tone in there that gets to me, that I want to bring down a bit. I called Mark today and he's making me a little different style baffle. The price was right, so i can switch to whichever baffle I decide is best.

They are just a tight fit. I just had mine off after all this talk pulled my packing out [/URL]

rofl hell ya ! I am grinning like a little boy who saw his first set of titties. Man that is nasT good. I want I want I want. So just follow RB's suggestions?

rofl hell ya ! I am grinning like a little boy who saw his first set of titties. Man that is nasT good. I want I want I want. So just follow RB's suggestions?

The end caps are changeable with just the 3 screws mark sent mine with both style end caps. I just pulled the end cap & pulled out the whole baffle & removed the packing & slid the baffle & end cap back in.

Back