marks 4-2 black ceramic on the way!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR_NST

Reaction score
called marks, and quite simply and easily... ill have an exhaust at my doorstep in 3 weeks or so. price was negotiated very quickly and im extremely excited... i have lots of mods to install, keep posted. oh yea. 14 inch, by 2 3/4 outlet... should go BOOM!!!!!!

peace,
evan....

You'll love it! Going to be loud!

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Excellent choice of pipes for the '07, you'll love them. Don't know what carb mods you have, if any, but I found turning the A/F screws out to 3 1/4 turns and shimming the needles 1mm (.038") is all that's necessary.

I have Mark's SS w/ 12"long - 2.25" baffle and non turn down tip which I don't find it that loud but I have a helmet that seals well so maybe I don't get the full effect. Your going to love the rumble!!!

Last edited:
I have Mark's SS w/ 12"long - 2'25" baffle and non turn down tip which I don't find it that loud but I have a helmet that seals well so maybe I don't get the full effect. Your going to love the rumble!!!

I've found that turn downs help a TON on the max... I went from walkers straight out to his turn downs and it was much quieter in the helmet.

I have Marks straight outs now and they're pretty boomy in the helmet. I use earplugs when I ride though, so it's not an issue.

Chris

thanks guys... the last three months ive been hemorrhaging money into the bike. i cant stop

MaxGasser seat, side mount licence plate, HID headlight, led guage lights, new handlebars, bar end mirrors, new 880 metzlers (170 R), morley k&n filter cold air kit, morley jet kit, and now the icing on the cake... marks exhaust. yaaay. im really looking forward to this spring.... ill keep everyone posted with pics the weekend i do everything....

dyno time this spring im hoping as well!!!!

peace,
evan...

one question, does anyone here have a pic or a vid of these pipes with the 2.75" mufflers? figured id ask.

PS... Im really quite okay with loud... the local popo wont be tho im sure. lol

It's a GOOD loud... It's not like a Harley with straight pipes.

Mine has 14"x 2.25" outlet if I remember right...

My wife rides on it too, so I wanted it somewhat tolerable. lol

That short with that big of an opening will cackle pretty good! Basically, the less packing thickness or baffle length, the louder it'll be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJUj2TO0LVE

I'm surprised Mark did them with outlets that big. When I ordered a few years ago the biggest he would do was 2 1/4. 2 1/4 is pretty damn loud.

good luck getting it in three weeks, i ordered my 4 into 1 over a month ago and still dont have it.... i'm getting a little bummed out here....

You have my 2.5 outlets beat! Better get some earplugs for highway rides!!! I need to do a drive by video of my Megaphones they sound like a pissed off Big block Chevy!

when i talked to him today they said they were just waiting on some parts to arrive that have been back ordered for a while, but should be here this coming week... that could explain the wait. he told me it would be around 3 weeks... fingers crossed. i saw a # like 2.75 before.... thats why i ordered it. bigger is better in my mind.

thanks for the thoughts guys!!!!!

peace,
evan...

Well I was gonna call Mark this week to check on my pipes, I ordered 4 weeks ago. I guess I don't need to now, thanks for the info.

no problem, what you would have paid in long distance can be sent to my paypal. lol. enjoy that exhaust, i have a feeling im gonna...

peace,
evan...

I just got my Marks 4 2 1 exhaust system an i think the only baffle size he offered was 2.25 or 2.50" i went with the biggest he offered and i hope it gets even louder. JIM

Could someone pm me Marks phone number? I thought I had it saved now I can't find it. Thanks

:ummm:

Back