Mark's Exhaust Sounds Gen 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought u were gonna leave sally alone danny!

hahahah

I was Garrett.....I was! :biglaugh:

Just read an old post where I said I'd never take the Marvings off the '99 either! Shit, I don't even remember writing that, but that changed too!

I never know what's gonna happen....just look at the head bearing job!! :confused2:

Is a man out of control when he rips off a huge smokey tire shredding ear shattering burnout, I think not!
The out of control thing is just a matter of opinion and perspective!
Rock on Brother Danny!:punk:

Is a man out of control when he rips off a huge smokey tire shredding ear shattering burnout, I think not!
The out of control thing is just a matter of opinion and perspective!
Rock on Brother Danny!:punk:

He has gotta have to do something to do in that new workshop of his thats if he's not already sleeping in there :punk:

Aloha everyone,
New guy here I live on Big Island HAWAII & just bought a 93 max & so far really like it. One problem I have is with stock exhaust kinda quiet, I heard a clip of a marks exhaust & liked it, is there a web site for those pipes? Not related but does the max have problems with leaky fork seals. I only rode it for 40 miles and now see oil leaking from left tube. I'm sure I'll have more questions, and from what I've been reading on this site you guy's are the best so PLEASE can you put up wiyh me untill I learn more? Thanks, don

Aloha everyone,
New guy here I live on Big Island HAWAII & just bought a 93 max & so far really like it. One problem I have is with stock exhaust kinda quiet, I heard a clip of a marks exhaust & liked it, is there a web site for those pipes? Not related but does the max have problems with leaky fork seals. I only rode it for 40 miles and now see oil leaking from left tube. I'm sure I'll have more questions, and from what I've been reading on this site you guy's are the best so PLEASE can you put up wiyh me untill I learn more? Thanks, don

Welcome up brah!! :biglaugh:

Here's Mark's site: http://marksperformance.com/

Fork seals will wear out but no more then any other bike. They're fairly easy to replace, do a search on them, there's plenty of pictorials on the project.

Any questions come up, don't hesitate to ask....somebody on here will be able to help you. :punk:

Aloha,
Thanks for the welcome, the reason I asked about the fork seals is cuz the guy I got the bike from said that he changed them out just last Dec. Sure hope there isn't a problem with the tubes.

Welcome to the site Don, I'm sure you'll find many useful tips, advice with specific problems, who to contact, spend more $$$'s than you initially intended, and thourghly enjoy your time here and riding the Vmax! You might even get a chuckle once in a while too! It the best dang site on the web for the Vmax!
I checked out Mark's website and he still does not have his phone number posted yet. So here it is, (760) 948-1346 it is also in the VMF links above.

non-oem fork seals are known to go really quick.

non-oem fork seals are known to go really quick.

+1 Very true! When replacing things like seals, gaskets, o-rings....that type of thing, always go with oem stuff. The little you save with aftermarket isn't worth it.

It's also very easy to kill the seals by putting too much air in the forks.
Best bet IMO....go with Progressive springs and forget the air.

he has answered every time I've called. once for questions and once for my order yeah that number is a good one. needs to finish his web site though thats for sure.

Can anyone tell me where to find info on modifying the standard pipes on the Gen 2? I would also like to know where is the best place to purchase an X pipe, ECU chip, air stacks and filters for my 2010 Vmax. Thanks

I've been watching and listening to these and other sound clips for Marks Exhaust for months and months. You have all convinced me they're the best sounding pipes on the market. Yesterday I took the jump and ordered a standard 4 into 2 set. I couldn't pass up the current sale Mark is running on these "In Stock Sets".

I had a little uneasiness about getting the 2 inch core 14" cans but after hearing Redbone's sound file and dannymax telling me he has the same set too, I'm feeling very secure that they'll be perfect. It'll be like the first set of drag pipes I put on my Harley. I'll be running up and down just to hear that sweet sound. That'll make me look like a new bee but it'll sure be fun.

I'm hoping they will come in by next Friday so I can get them on before actually leaving on vacation. I'll have to figure out how to post a video so I can help convince others to buy Marks...:biglaugh:

can someone else post a 4-1 sound that dont have a whining belt hanging off the side of their bike? maybe give it a couple of real revs as well so i can hear the crackle...

so which is better for HP gains, the 4-2 or 4-1? i dont care about the bike looking balanced with 2 pipes.

Finally took my trusty Kodak Z915 Camera along on the ride to Kyle's today. It has 640 x 480 video capture and a pretty good microphone built in..

I got a clip of the bike Idling in Kyle's Driveway. I looked for an empty spot on the way home but only found a parking lot with limited running space. So, I made a couple first gear runs. Amazing how fast you run out of space in first gear. I couldn't get it up to second and still get stopped in time...:rofl_200:I'll post more clips in the future... Gotta get the Kerker 4-1 on my 89 too...

Added, Oops,,, this is a Marks 4-2, Stainless System, 14" Cans, 2" Cores....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMJYVhJfB74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoEA-uLMrSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBG_4i-TbsA

Last edited:
Back