Marks Exhaust WOW

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

!stinkybutt

Reaction score
I got my Mark's 4-2 Exhaust Tuesday. I installed it Wednesday. Started it up Wednesday. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH my. 14" cans with 2" outlets.
Fit was excellent.
Finish was ok, some weld spatter, cans excellent
Easy install.
Welds left a lot to desire as others have said.
Sound .... I've only had the bike running in the garage so far.
I warmed the bike up and the idle sound is amazing.
I really enjoyed the sound revving. No ride yet.
Snow today(again). Only 34*.
Excellent service and good timeline to deliver.

Aleck

...and of course you will want to install the Morley jet kit now and set your floats...and it has begun. You will like it. No, you will love it!

Not sure where everyone else sets their A/F. I'm going to try 14.2-14.5 idle. Then 14.0-14.3 cruise and 13.0-13.2 wot. Just need to hook-up the wide-band and get at it. I should have gone to the local dyno for a baseline. I spent the last eight years running our chassis dyno for cars. Tuned a lot of turbo and blower stuff. Been racing bikes and cars over 40 years.
Should be pretty easy.
Later guys.
Aleck

You are going to love the Marks pipes. I think the more I hear mine the more I love them.

Sound file! I know they don't give justice, but would still like to hear it...

Sent by the Verizon 4G Data Network

they get better after they break in a bit......just fired up mine after being dormant for 5. 5 months......started right up and purred like a monster hahaha

Got to ride Sunday AND to-day with the new exhaust. My wife did a drive-by and around the block for me so I could hear the pipes from street-side. BEST money spent. Hearing the bike go around the block AND up the street was great. I think she hit 9,000rpm a couple times. Such a brat. GREAT sound. We went out together to-day for a ride. Before the pipes I could not hear my bike running beside hers. Now she can't tell if hers is running beside mine.
Mark has been great. EXCEPT trying to pay him. I'm sure he dodged me a few times about paying because I had not rode yet due to weather here. Payment and a big thanks go to him tomorrow.
A sound clip is a total waste. Has to be live.

A Happy Camper
Aleck
P.S.
I did have a bit of trouble getting my bike back from my wife.

Lol... those pipes are honestly the best thing I did. Feel like a little kid everytime I rug it.... I got carried away with 2.75" tho...

Enjoy,
Evan....

The addition of my Mark's system ranks right up there with my best mods. They have a sound that's had to beat, nice solid thunderous sound, not a raspy crack your eardrum loud. Mine was tested at 115db, it was near another brands that made me cover my ears but it tested to the same 115db.

On my 85 I put a Marks 4 into 1 exhaust last year along with K&N carb pods and stage 7 jet kit. What a combination, puts a smile on my face every time i ride it. Gets alot of attention. BIG SOUND!

Brian; We ride our atv's up at Silver Lake and are used to 96db limit. We also haul the bikes and run along Lake Mich coast. Great ride there.

Aleck
+1, The Lake Michigan shoreline is a great ride which a group from Grand Rapids (and surrounding areas) get together for a ride up 22 to the Leland peninsula. Hopefully I can get down to meet them this year since I have yet to make it for one reason or another. It will be posted on here if you would like to join in.

What would be better? 4 to 2 or 4 to 1? And what difference does the coating make between stainless steel and ceramic?

Would I have to get a jet kit for either of them? Or re-tune the bike in any way? I'm assuming so.

Sorry for the dumb questions. Im still learning.

General theory is that 4-2 is better mid range, 4-1 is better up top. I think in practice not much real difference.
It's possible to run either without any jetting changes, I did so for a little bit with no adverse affects.
Rejetting will help you get all you can get out if it tho.
I had stainless, got tired of re polishing it all the time, and ended up having it ceramic coated. Stainless will discolor eventually, plus side is it CAN always be repolished. Down side is repolishing is a royal pain in the ass. Ceramic coating is almost maintenance free but it will not last forever.
I think generally if you buy it ceramic coated it's going to be steel not stainless. I could be wrong.

The preceding is just opinion and experience and isn't the only experiences and opinions out there.

Latest posts

Back