Marks Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOOST

Reaction score
Hi all! After owning 4 beautiful Harley Davidson motorcycles, I have finally found my true hotrod on two wheels...a very minty stock '97 VMax with 8200 miles. Always loved the VMax but wasn't until this year that I found exactly what I was looking for. I keep hearing about "Marks" exhaust systems, but I cannot find a single site about his business. Is he no longer doing VMax exhaust systems? Can someone inform me please? Other than UFO, I'd truly consider "Marks". Nice site here....looking forward to the wealth of knowledge about 1st Gen Vmax's that you all have.

Boost marks is a good exhaust with a sound of its own. Ufo is also a great system with a sound of its own. I went with Ufo. I got a little better price and I think it looks the Best. It also makes big hp. If marks 4 into 2 was $100 less and had polished cans I might have bought it
if you like the Ufo more I can ask jon to do the same deal for you
The tech that is doing my stage 7 has a ufo and I got to near it in person and it sounds way better than you tube videos.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Boost, I'm sure you'll find plenty of information to fuel the hot rodder in you.
Mike, I beliveve your talking about Damon's ufo exhaust for which he built his own custom baffle for it, it sounds good for sure, takes some of the raspiness out of the stock ufo 4 into 1 sound.
I have a Mark's 4 into 2 SS with 12" cans/ 2.25" openings which I really like the deep sound that it produces. Mark is a great guy to deal with and can make the cans pretty much anyway you want them to sound. He will even custom buld the exhaust, ship it to you so you can install to hear it, and if it's not right he'll make it right. All before you pay him! I haven't heard of a dissatified customer of Mark's pipe yet.
Here is a youtube video I shot with my digital camera in my brothers backyard which should give a good idea of the sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEex...xt=C356ef25UDOEgsToPDskIiZDmj54KieaPLgJPsCpBW

Welcome to the forum Boost, I'm sure you'll find plenty of information to fuel the hot rodder in you.
Mike, I beliveve your talking about Damon's ufo exhaust for which he built his own custom baffle for it, it sounds good for sure, takes some of the raspiness out of the stock ufo 4 into 1 sound.
I have a Mark's 4 into 2 SS with 12" cans/ 2.25" openings which I really like the deep sound that it produces. Mark is a great guy to deal with and can make the cans pretty much anyway you want them to sound. He will even custom buld the exhaust, ship it to you so you can install to hear it, and if it's not right he'll make it right. All before you pay him! I haven't heard of a dissatified customer of Mark's pipe yet.
Here is a youtube video I shot with my digital camera in my brothers backyard which should give a good idea of the sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEex...xt=C356ef25UDOEgsToPDskIiZDmj54KieaPLgJPsCpBW

+1 Big fan of the Mark's system also and, almost unheard of these days....you ask Mark about payment he says, "I'll send you a bill, just send me a check when you get it!"

You don't run into that much any more. :punk:

Love that sound Brother Brian....brings fond mems!!

Damon is the tech that will be working on my bike and all he did to his baffle/muffler is take out one bolt and stuff more packing in. I will be doing the same.

Damon is the tech that will be working on my bike and all he did to his baffle/muffler is take out one bolt and stuff more packing in. I will be doing the same.
Ah, I must have misunderstood his explanation when Damon said he modified his baffle at the Icebreaker ride last year. Damon is a great person to have work on your Vmax, he knows htese things inside and out! Damon and Tyler's tech session at Thunder last year was a big hit for sure.
Boost, the best way to contact Mark is to call in the morning at: (760) 948-1346.

Boost if you want a crazy exhaust that will make alot of hp jim the owner of toxic is the man to talk to. But all that hp will cost you. Hindle is another great system. But it will cost you. I looked at everything i could find under the sun and moon Day and night and In my opinion Marks exhaust and UFO exhaust are the best Quality and bang for your buck that will make hp. Marks has a vary cool H-pipe for great scavenging and in my opinion the best tuned sound you can get. Also has ss head pipe and aluminum can. Mark will also let you pick how long of a can you want. He told me he would do as short as a 10in. And he will let you hear it before you pay. Marks and UFO exhaust will also let you keep your center stand. Mark said 4 into 1 and 4 into 2 keep the centers stand on. And UFO said 4 into 2 can be installed on the center stand and the center stand can stay on. How ever UFO 4 into 1 you need to take the center stand off when you ride because it will hang down to low but you can put it back on to service the bike and srore the bike. Alot of the exhaust systems make you cut off the centerstand frame tabs. No matter what exhaust in your opinion you think is best make sure you ask all the question you can Before you pick one. Than post your opinion for all of us to read. You will lern alot about exhaust if you ask. If you want to know more about why i picked Ufo ovar all the other systems PM me. If you want to talk with a vmax man that has spent alot of money on just about everything under the sun for a vmax PM Jim Hollywood Rogers the owner of Toxic HELL he even has his own yamaha commercial.

My bad scetchy I forgot the d in rodgers. Jim scetchy Hollywood Rodgers. THEHOLLYWOODVMAXRIDER. LOL. WHATS YOUR YAMAHA. No WHATS YOUR YAMAHA VMAX EXHAUST. Sorry Jim it just came to me.

My bad scetchy I forgot the d in rodgers. Jim scetchy Hollywood Rodgers. THEHOLLYWOODVMAXRIDER. LOL. WHATS YOUR YAMAHA. No WHATS YOUR YAMAHA VMAX EXHAUST. Sorry Jim it just came to me.

ROFLMAO!!!! Yeah, Hollywood, my 15 seconds of fame that keeps coming up!!! LOL!!!!!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

+1, with whatever can you want too! My spidey senses are tingling, I wonder if Toxic may have a new sound this year!:punk:

Am undecided as yet. Will have to sell some stuff to pay for any mods this year, yep the well ran dry and the government frowns on people printing their own money for some reason:confused2: . Lang Hindle has expressed an interest in doing a custom exhaust for Toxic, but he wants some serious cashola (~$1k) just for the header plus another $400 for the can. Not sure I need a $1,400 exhaust system, wait need has nothing to do with it.... my Mod Kong started going nuts when I typed that!!!!!

:rofl_200:Mod kong That would make a great movie title Jim. Sorry again but your making it easy. Look out GOAST-RIDER her comes THE MOD KONG. Ok im not sorry for that one. LOL :worthy:

Redbone...Thank you so much for your post. That has to be one of the cleanest and best sounding exhaust systems I have heard. I plan on contacting Mark, and will most likely go with the exact setup as what you went with. No disrespect to the UFO system with megs, but that deep rumble and roar with absolutely no raspiness settled the score. "Loud Pipes Save Lives!" Thank you all with your help and advice. This site is worth it's weight in gold because of all you! I will keep you posted as I begin personalizing my VMax. I have already switched out the stock handle bars with drag bars from UFO and installed billet end bar mirrors. What a huge improvement! Any future upgrades will be done with the help of all you VMax owners! Thanks again. Dan Bradley

Boost the best thing is you cant go wrong with a marks system. Its good quality and redbones bike sounds bad ass. as will yours. Now all you need to do is order it and wait. Im waiting for my UFO exhaust and i think the hardest part about buying big mods is waiting to put your hands on them.

Kicking around the idea of having Mark do a 4-2-1-2 with the two cans on the right side and use the cans like he makes for the slip ons for the Gen 2. Use big header tubes down to the collector, insert O2 sensor bung there, and then a short Y-pipe with 2 short bullet cans. Should sound wicked and upgrade the performance with the oversize pipes....... Damn all of you for making me think!!!!!!

I asked mark what changes i could do to his exhaust and he said he would only change the can lenghth. I wanted to build a marks exhaust with an H-pipe and smaller mufflers/baffles like the ufo. all ss and he said no.

Back