Marks... Holy Sh!!t...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dman1961

Reaction score
Got the system on... and... WOW.... SHAKES THE WHOLE HOUSE....

:punk::punk::punk:

sounds like a big block Chevy now.... soooo sweet... went right on too...

Thats the one thing all the sound clips can never do justice. You feel it as much as you hear it.:punk::punk::punk::punk::punk:

Bwahaha. the low frequencies find their way all the way to the other side of the house and into where the wife tries to recuperate from her graveyard shift. Talk about the dangers of waking the dead. Ha ha ha. Congrats.

Be sure to post a contribution to the exhaust sound vid thread.

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Last edited:
Sweet, glad you like the sound! You have the same dimiensions as I do (12"/ 2.25"). Thers's nothing nicer than the Vmax's V4 sound!:worthy:

Sweet, glad you like the sound! You have the same dimiensions as I do (12"/ 2.25"). Thers's nothing nicer than the Vmax's V4 sound!:worthy:

Red your exhaust video is why I went the route I did... :punk: I havent ridden it yet as its f...n RAINING... But when I run that baby everyone is like.... HOLY SH!!T... lol... I love it... :clapping:
thanks to this forum.... so bad ass...

If the volume start to wear on you, Mark can make you quieter baffles. You swap them with the ones in the cans now. It knocks the decibels down , but retains the low rumble sound of the Mark's exhaust.

What brand / mfg. does Marks packing use ? I'm a thinking of repacking a Kerker can with Marks packing .

Kerker Can will still sound like a Kerker Can, even repacked... Shape / Opening is the difference...

Dude... the dishes in the kitchen rattle... lol... its so bad ass... :punk::punk:

Oh yeeeaaaah! :punk:

Maybe we can clean carby part by putting them in a bucket of solution and creating ultrasonic vibrations with the V-max. :biglaugh: :rofl_200:

Kerker Can will still sound like a Kerker Can, even repacked... Shape / Opening is the difference...

I have 3 kerker cans , 2 are re-shaped , 1 is shortened , 2 are 2 1/4 " , 1 is 2 1/2 " opening . Just thinking about deepening the Kerker sound a bit.

What brand / mfg. does Marks packing use ? I'm a thinking of repacking a Kerker can with Marks packing .
I have no idea Paul, I've had mine for 3 years and haven't even thought about checking/ adding packing material!:biglaugh:
I like it how it is, if it gets a little loud I put in ear plugs or ear buds and crank up the iphone!:punk:
:confused2:Even if I need a little break from the noise now and then, there is no reason to deprive the general public of my Mark's sweet sound!:rofl_200::worthy::thumbs up:

I can verify that. I just repacked my Kerker slip-ons as tightly as possible with some high quality packing hoping to quieten them a little. Made absolutely no difference in the sound level or tone. Blew $30 and several hours of messy work. :bang head:.

there is no reason to deprive the general public of my Mark's sweet sound!:rofl_200::worthy::thumbs up:

:rofl_200:Too Funny Brian !!! That's the one thing I really miss that I don't have with my Gen2 currently ... that Mark's Pipes Deep Rumble sound.

Hope to hear at Thunder what other exhausts / pipes are being run on the Gen2's and how they sound ! Somehow, I don't think they'll come close to the Mark Pipe's sound on the Gen1 .

I've wanted to try putting a Cherry Bomb Car Muffler on the Kerker 4-1....:ummm::confused2:
Just can't see any room for improvement over the Mark's Can I have...

I've wanted to try putting a Cherry Bomb Car Muffler on the Kerker 4-1....:ummm::confused2:
Just can't see any room for improvement over the Mark's Can I have...

That would look like a Triumph 'peashooter,' yes?

Back in the '70's I had a Ford van w/a 351 Windsor & I loved the exhaust note when I installed some Thrush side-mount exhausts. You heard the note of the engine but it wasn't annoyingly-loud, and at certain rpm's the harmonics of the duals made it sound like a Chris-Craft inboard or a Ford flathead w/straight pipes, kind of a distinct 'burble'. The right exhaust note can change your enjoyment of a car, truck, or bike significantly.

I just got my bike working again after my 'dyno dilemma' & have acquired some misc. exhaust parts to mix/match. All it takes is $ or roping my friend into helping me do the TIG work. I might ask a local muffler shop fab-up connectors for several cans I have to a Kerker 4/1 header set, I am wondering about making a different mid-pipe to see if I can avoid cutting my centerstand frame mounts.

That would look like a Triumph 'peashooter,' yes?

Back in the '70's I had a Ford van w/a 351 Windsor & I loved the exhaust note when I installed some Thrush side-mount exhausts. You heard the note of the engine but it wasn't annoyingly-loud, and at certain rpm's the harmonics of the duals made it sound like a Chris-Craft inboard or a Ford flathead w/straight pipes, kind of a distinct 'burble'. The right exhaust note can change your enjoyment of a car, truck, or bike significantly.

I just got my bike working again after my 'dyno dilemma' & have acquired some misc. exhaust parts to mix/match. All it takes is $ or roping my friend into helping me do the TIG work. I might ask a local muffler shop fab-up connectors for several cans I have to a Kerker 4/1 header set, I am wondering about making a different mid-pipe to see if I can avoid cutting my centerstand frame mounts.

Very Good / Fun Ideas..... Wish I were there to assist with this experiment....

Dave, I just took the bike out today w/the original 'factory' engine in it, the first time it had more than a one-mile " yes, it works" run since replacing the blown engine w/the original one. I want to use the bike for awhile before I remove the exhaust for the fabrication, but I am going to look to obtain some material for the job. It was a blast to feel the bike effortlessly hit second gear w/mere light pressure on the shifter. I haven' t run this engine in the bike since
Last Century!:biglaugh:

I installed some Thrush side-mount exhausts. You heard the note of the engine but it wasn't annoyingly-loud, and at certain rpm's the harmonics of the duals made it sound like a Chris-Craft inboard or a Ford flathead w/straight pipes, kind of a distinct 'burble'. The right exhaust note can change your enjoyment of a car, truck, or bike significantly.

You got that right :punk:. I have a stroker motor in my dodge, with a true dual setup; Headman headers, high-flow cats, to magnaflow w/ side exit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1vr2pF8mg

Badd Ass'd Truck KJ.....

Last Century!:confused2::confused2::confused2:Wow Fire-medic...

Latest posts

Back